Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for something that is gonna give my black car a deep gorgeous shine. I am not loaded, but I am not really looking for best bang for the buck as just best finish.

I am not saying money is not an object because I has seen what some of the swissvax runs, but if it 50-70 bucks or something, I am ok with that. Unless I will get the same result with something cheaper.

Just tell me what you have tried and liked the most!

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Some teaser's that will be have threads made for. ;)

AG HD:

Mother's SynWax:

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
i noticed.
that's why i figured i'd throw some pics out for you. ;)

also.
Pete's 53, and poorboys black hole glaze together = :love

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
well the wax really isnt the most important part..if the car is not properly buffed out and finished the most expensive wax still wont look that great.
But I find Colinite 845 gives a very nice wet look and is crazy durable and only 14bucks

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
^^^^^ :yes

especially nice in winter.
shits hard as a rock!

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I am personally a Fuzion guy..you can get the 3oz jar for 49.99 it will go about 15 waxes..I have souveran and used it a few times but went back to Fuzion because I just like using it much more and it gives it a great look of shine and wet.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
and his car does make me very wet....err...i mean looks very wet....:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Wax will never give gloss unless it has a ton of oils in it which will temporarily fill in marring. Gloss comes from proper polishing, not from a wax.

I personally like my Swissvax Concorso, but it gets very limited use.

http://detailersdomain.com/carcareproducts/swissvax/SwissvaxConcorsoPremiumCarWax.html

And Vince, there is no need for a glaze. If a glaze enhances your gloss then you missed a step. They contain fillers. Use a finishing polish like Ultrafina instead.

Vader has it hit on the head.

Honestly, you won't be able to tell a difference between Swissvax and Natty's Red untill you wash the car. If you want to go on the cheap side, just get some Natty's Red and call it a day.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
http://detailersdomain.com/carcareproducts/carnaubawax/LussoOro.html

http://detailersdomain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=26031786ab46c73ec971bb29e7f54489&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=detailersdomain&Category_Code=carnaubawax&SortBy=&show=1000

Just in case you were wondering if he carried it.

http://detailersdomain.com/autodetailing/zymol.html

Alot of the pros and enthusiasts really like Lusso Oro;) I was about to purchase it but I got Cquartz but now that its been removed ( bodyshop:( )and I only have half a bottle I am considering this. AG HD, as well as vic red, Petes 53, and rubbish boys OE, and dodo juice purple haze. I just put AG HD its nice and when combined with Blackfire Wet Diamond its just sex and helps fight water spotting... of course nothing looks good unless proper preparation has been done but since you already have corrected the shelby gt your good;) All the ones I listed are within the price range you posted. Also Phil carries a few of them.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
^^^ destroyed it!

I found that if you glaze it up before witt CG wet gloss glaze, your black will seriously look like somebody dumped water on it and the water just never came off! haha

then his it with one of the above waxes to protect it all up and add some depth

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I have only really used Autoglym HD (Other then OTC stuff)...But I love it...

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Personally I prefer Chemical Guys Pete's 53 on top of Blackfire Wet Diamond on top of Chemical Guys EZ-Creme Glaze. That's a sexy combination, especially on black

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
My favorites are Pete's 53, Pinnacle Souverän, Dodo Juice Supernatural, and AGHD. If I am going for durability on a DD, the Collinite 845. However, I doubt that is your concern.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I have only really used Autoglym HD (Other then OTC stuff)...But I love it...
Day after detail

Beading 2 months later

I need to try other LSP's but I cant find the flaw in AGHD so I cant really justify the new LSP...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I have 2 jars of AGHD i got at walmart for 10bucks but never used them.
I bought 6 boxes of the stuff...Sent a box to Zat and sent a box to a buddy back home...So I have 4 boxes in my mini-fridge...Its good stuff!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts