Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna take the badges off the trunk where it says GT and the Ford Oval will it leave holes in my trunk? and whats the easiest wat to take them off without scratching the paint?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
The ford one will leave 2 holes, the gt wont. To get them off just use a putty knife working the emblem from all sides.. Im sure a lot of people will say use a string or some bs thatll take you forever because it wont scratch the car. I do many of these every day at work using the putty knife method and have yet to scratch a car doing so.

The ford one has 2 alignment pins on it so youre not going to be able to slide something under it all the way. Start on one edge, then the other, top, then bottom (any which order) until you hit the alignment pins then just pull it off by hand the rest of the way.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i took my GT badge off and all i used was some bug-b-gone and alcohol with a hair dryer and it came right off. cleaned it up really nice! i dont know if the oval Ford emblem has a hole behind it or not but if it does its easy to get filled.

·
Registered
37 Posts
take a piece of twine get it behind the emblem and slowly work it off once off take some goo gone or deisel fuel and your done

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay cool i got a puddy knife already here at home an the car has been cookin in the sun all day so i think im gonna give her a shot

what about the GT emblems on the front fenders?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Dont bother with the fender ones, Itll look like **** due to the holes. Give me a min and ill post a pic

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was thinkin taking the GT ones off and just putting a pony or the 40aniv ones?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
hair dryer and fishing line will take off the one thats just a stick on with ease.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts

Heres a pic of the fender holes. I prolly have one somewhere of the ones thatll be left on the decklid from the ford emblem too incase youre wondering before you take them off, the decklid pic prolly wont be as close up though.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet yeah let me see it so i can decide but i think im gonna swtch the fender ones to a pony

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i think im gonna leave that Ford oval on lol

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
jackhammer and a flame thrower

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i did this and removed the gt emblem then used some alchol to remove the stick residue then clayed it then a wax it look like it was never there use a plastic putty knife like amj said and do it slowly as for the ford you will have two holes after get them filled then have a body shop paint that section and blend it to match check out my garage pics it will look like it was never there

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
a belt sander works great

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
try a grinder

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
a stapler is a huge help