Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
I've got a stash(few thousand rounds) of 55gr surplus from Guatemala, that I got years ago. I usually shoot it, instead of wasting my 62gr steel core stuff. I think I paid less than .20/round for it, back then.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I agree, you'd probably be close to shooting the bbl out before the extractor. It's just a good thing to keep on hand for a small amount of money.

Op, Wolf black box is pretty much on the same grounds as Tula, either one of those would work for least amount of money possible. Also, look into the reloads at freedom munitions.com

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard that steel ammo will void some warranties...I doubt this is true but I thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Super Moderator
14,581 Posts
Yep as long as it's non corrosive I'll throw it through the AR. Never had an issue with ANY of it so far. I clean it after a shooting session though and it does dirty it up good. Usually it's Tula that goes through it for the most part, but nowadays it's whatever is cheapest. Same way with my Sig...for plunking it takes cheap stuff. Never had an issue with either one.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,048 Posts
I send M855 LC out of my Colt 5.56. Haven't fire any cheap crap out of it yet.

My Sig 716 has had LC M80 mostly with a few boxes of TulAmmo, Winchester 7.62x51 whitebox, and expensive 308 Winchester hunting ammo.

All my AR's are zero'd at 100 yards on Federal Lake City brass cased ammo (5.56 M855 and M80 7.62x51).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts