Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gettin a world class t5 and wanna know the diff between it and my stock trans so i dont get ripped off :humpnana lol
thanks

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
There is no difference between your stock trans and a world class...

The WC T5s are roller bearing transmissions as compared to the bushings in the standard T5. The WC T5 is found in every mustang from I believe 86 and up. It can be distinguished by the timkin bearing cap near the input shaft bearing retainer. The Z-rated transmission has pocket bearings and phosphate coated gears and was only original equipment in the 93 cobras.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
85 and up had the world class tranny the non world class has 3 brass and one fiber backed blocking ring and the world class has 1 brass 1 fiber and 2 graphite blocking rings..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do they look diff like is there certin things that stand out he said its a z seriers out of a cobra what should i look for to make sure?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
just the number plate.. the cobra tranny can hold a small amount more power nothing u should be concerned about... how much does he want for it??

·
Registered
146 Posts
the world class t 5 z rated you can buy from summit but look around you can get a built t5 tranny for like 750 pick up a mustang mag and look threw the adds

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It's not really worth it to pay the extra cash for a z-rated t5...There are other, more beneficial and cost-productive options.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well im not payin cash for im tradin a built level ten aod trans for it cause idk if the trans in my car now which is a 5spd is any good i havent driven it yet and its always nice to have a spare lol idk if my trans would sell easy i could use cash btu i havent tried to sell it on here yet

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
well im not payin cash for im tradin a built level ten aod trans for it cause idk if the trans in my car now which is a 5spd is any good i havent driven it yet and its always nice to have a spare lol idk if my trans would sell easy i could use cash btu i havent tried to sell it on here yet
if u are going to just trade something u dont need i say do it then u could sell it..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i could but idk if mines any good the input shaft is pretty loose lol so idk im only 18 and its my first build soo lol im not to sure on some stuff

1 - 20 of 45 Posts