Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i bought the 7.5 spline traction lok and 4.10 gears, getting them in next week, whats the best next option for upgrades to make my car faster and sound better !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
CAI, Muffler will make it sound badass

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
what will a K&N cold air intake do ? does it make the sound any better ?
sounds a little better, little more power, and when you pop the hood it dosn't look as gay

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
To be honest for us sixxers its not worth the price. Just go to American Muscle and buy their CAI. Or you could buy the eBay one. I think the American Muscle one is like $70 or something near that.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Our intakes are good enough for our cars. Buying an aftermarket cold air intake will only serve as eye candy. So if you are looking for go fast mods this is not it.
Exhaust is not going to give you hardly any gains either, all it's really going to change is sound. If any thing get a new cam, or do a windstar swap.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
When I pop my hood I don't think it looks gay at all.

What do you think?
How about the sound? That's on stock exhaust FYI
YouTube - 2000 cammed V6 + New Spec1 Clutch
He said the new CAI isnt as gay as the stock one. And you dont have a stock one.

--

Personal opinion, a new CAI is a cheap mod. It's also probably the most popular 1st mod. Goto Autozone. Purchase a Spectre adaptor 8145 for $22 and buy a 10.5'' cone filter for $40. You can attach it directly to the 4'' black intake tube coming off the engine and remove the stock airbox. I did, looks good.

Then save up for dual exhaust. You might not get a huge jump in power but youll unlock some of that wasted power with the restriction.

Then look into new pulleys. (this is if youre more into performance then looks).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.