Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 18x10 roush rims and am looking for tire fitment info. I know they come factory with 295/50/18's or close but I have some tires that are 225/40/18. They are nice goodyear eagles. I found a few sites that said it would work, can any one here tell me for sure? Thx

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only because I don't have the grand+ to drop on the 295's and these 225's are brand new tires that will be given to me. I'd love to run as wide a tire as I can but for the time being I want to know if they will fit.

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Only because I don't have the grand+ to drop on the 295's and these 225's are brand new tires that will be given to me. I'd love to run as wide a tire as I can but for the time being I want to know if they will fit.
Yeah...not a good idea. Wait till you have more money to get proper tires for your rims (such as 295/305's :yes)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
They don't fit your rims. Tell you what you do though, First go get the right size tires and good ones. Your car will only perform as well as your tires will. Always remember that (important!). Second take the 225's and sell two, put two on some proper little rims, and put 'em on the front of your car any time you go to the 1/4 mile track you'll have little pseudo skinnies.

·
Registered
142 Posts
stock roush tires are 275/40/18s...definately dont go any smaller than that on a 10 in

·
Registered
135 Posts
They don't fit your rims. Tell you what you do though, First go get the right size tires and good ones. Your car will only perform as well as your tires will. Always remember that (important!). Second take the 225's and sell two, put two on some proper little rims, and put 'em on the front of your car any time you go to the 1/4 mile track you'll have little pseudo skinnies.
good advice there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.