Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've decided that i want to either get an o/r x or a high flow catted x.

i'm wondering are high flow cats as orderless as normal catalytic converters, or do they smell as an o/r mid pipe would.

also will an catless 4.6 smell as bad as a catless carborated car?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I would guess somewhere in the middle. And I would guess a catless carbed car would smell more.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
I can almost guarantee a catless carbed car would smell more. My friend had both his Mustangs catless and they did have a smell to them but mainly under WOT. However my friend has an old Camaro which smells under most regular driving conditions. I've never ridden in a car behind my car but I know it probably has a catless carb smell to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well if i pull my catless trans am (carb 305 motor) into my garage, and shut it off imediatly, it wil stilll smell for a few hours.

will my mustang be that bad?

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
i have a catless x and mine has a smell now. will def smell more than before. promise you. but not so bad that it would bother drivers behind you, lol.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
yea i have a o/r prochamber and notice a big difference when starting my car in the garage and letting it run, with the door open of course. i also notice the smell when im backing out or or into a parking space

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
^yea, kinda like a lingering smell. when i back into the garage i roll through the exhaust smell, lolol. am i the only one that kinda likes it though...:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have no problem with the smell. its a true mans cologne! but will it make the inside of the car smell like that. or be enough to annoy everyone else at my house

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
curious of why someone wonders if it smells. it sounds better point blank.
prolly cause he is concerned that going down the road if everyone behind him thinks his ****in car stinks. i dont blame him. i would'nt wanna look in my rear view and see a family covering their nose with their shirts cause my cat's are gone....anywho unless you have some sort of exhaust leak it wont be that bad.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I smell more gas at start up but it goes away as the car warms up.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
my car ****in smokes if i let it idle for like 5 minutes then put it in gear and give it some gas. gives out a puff and stops? started doing it after i installed my o/r x?

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
my car ****in smokes if i let it idle for like 5 minutes then put it in gear and give it some gas. gives out a puff and stops? started doing it after i installed my o/r x?
What color smoke?
Blue- burning oil
White- burning coolant
Black- rich fuel mixture
Orange- wtf?

Not sent from a stupid Apple device

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
^lmfao @ orange-wtf? sometimes if it sits for a while it smokes just from water vapors (steam). if the smoke just dissipates and doesnt blow a trail behind you than that's prolly all that is. mine will do that especially when it's below 60 deg. or so.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts