Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u know between the front windshield and the hood theres the long curved piece of plastic that runs from left to right that the windshield whipers are coming up out of? its about 4 inches wideXwidth of car. guy at the glass shop called it a cowl but i search that and come up with hoods. anyways mine is cracked i want a new one, anyone know where i can find one cheap besides a junk yard? ford quoted it at $230 ; ;

·
Registered
72 Posts
holy **** 230 for a piece of plastic? thats bs...

mine cracked too...and everybody i know has the same problem.

·
Registered
927 Posts
there is a place here in jersey that might have one ..want me to grab it for you ?

just pay me what i pay and ill send it c.o.d to you .

let me know .

·
Registered
481 Posts
i thought it was cheaper at 50resto. I want to say mine was only 140 but they must of went up in price.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Have you tried your local junkyard?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ford calls it a cowl grille I don't have the part # on hand but I work for a nation wide auto recycler and you can check out this link to find the nearest one to you LKQ Corp. Recycled Auto Parts I don't think any of them would charge more than $30 or $40 for them + shipping or if one is close just stop by and pick it up.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
how does it crack? mine hasnt

·
Registered
248 Posts
I wouldn't think it would crack or break unless you tried to remove it or had to replace your windshield.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I got a new one thru the dealer for 125. that is cost + 10%. They usually have them in stock because the window replacement morons, fequently bust them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts