Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo this does not happen all the time, but every once in a while the car seems to hesitate/surge.. and it does it in all gears,"ALMOST" feels like injectors need cleaning, but not like other cars I had that did need them cleaned. anyuone ever used "Seafoam green" on their car??? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
is this after coming off the highway? there have been reported fuel pump problems coming off of the highway with similar problems...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
What RPMs/gear are you in when it does this?
Have you ever cleaned your TB before?
How many miles do you have?
I've heard of the seafoam, and would be curious how well it cleans the PCV oil gunk. When you do your CMDPs, I'd be curious how dirty that area is.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I Seafoam my car once a year. I also clean the throttle body and MAF (both should be cleaned 1-2 times a year). Both made improvements to how my car runs.

·
Registered
745 Posts
There is a TSB referencing air bubbles forming around the fuel pump after an extended drive period that could be causing your hesitation but if it is at a certain RPM no matter what gear and is happening even when you have not had an extended drive period then I would recommend changing your spark plugs.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yup, and I can say ford hadnt fixed the problem in Jan. of 08 because thats when I order my GT. I'd get off the interstate, come to the stop sign and when I was about to leave it just felt powerless and laggy.. didn't find out about this issue till I joined this forum almost 2 years ago.

I thought about a fix but doesnt ford have one?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
yup, and I can say ford hadnt fixed the problem in Jan. of 08 because thats when I order my GT. I'd get off the interstate, come to the stop sign and when I was about to leave it just felt powerless and laggy.. didn't find out about this issue till I joined this forum almost 2 years ago.

I thought about a fix but doesnt ford have one?
yeah it's a TSB...replace fuel pump I think lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Soo this does not happen all the time, but every once in a while the car seems to hesitate/surge.. and it does it in all gears,"ALMOST" feels like injectors need cleaning, but not like other cars I had that did need them cleaned. anyuone ever used "Seafoam green" on their car??? thanks for the help.
Can't help you, but sweet wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts