Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guess im sorta new to the forums but ive been on here just never took the time to register, but anywho i bought myself a 97 v6 stang when i was 15 and here i am now wondering what are the first things to upgrade on it. i was thinking about getting a 4.10 gears found some ford racing? ones on ebay for about 75, but i heard its gonna cost about 200 for install and my schools shop doesnt have anything smaller then an 8.8 rear tools so im pretty much sol with my 7.5 cause im out of a job right now, but if you guys know its gonna be cheaper for install lemme know. i didnt really wanna spend a couple hundred on cold air cause its not gonna give it much more horse maybe what 4? headers all the same to me expensive and not givin me the power i want...so i was thinking maybe just saving up and getting a power adder a eaton m112 i think it was...i really dont want an 8 , but as a last resort sell my little sixxer and buy an old fox-body stang, gutted... for 1500 then a used 460 for around 800$ and buy the 806 stroker kit for 2500$. Get a used built transmission and throw that in there. that should have some power...but imho i dont like the style of the fox body...thats just if i get power hungry and want an 8, and i was also thinking selling my 97 and ust upgrading to a 99? to get the 190hp, or what am i missing in my 97 that has the makes it have only 150 if i can build it up to atleast 190 with assistence of a power adder ill be happy...and before i keep on keepin on the names Dillon, but you can call me DJ

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
welcome to MM...

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
welcome

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Welcome to the site...