Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the car with the tranny already worked on, I didn't do anything myself. Whenever I drive the car hard and slam the gears, the shifter will vibrate a lot. It feels like it's grinding, but I don't hear the tranny grinding at all. If I shift slowly and let it "pop in", everything is fine. What could this be?

Side question too:
I think I have a stock rear end, and I run 2000 at 70mph, around 2200 at 80. Is this a stock gear in the tranny? 5th feels very long to me, but I've never had a mustang before this one.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know what this could be? The tranny doesn't grind, it sounds like the noise is coming from the shifter. Like if you shift into reverse, but only put it "half way" in, it grinds from the tranny. This is not what the sound is like, the noise is coming from the shifter, and only if I rag on the gears. Any ideas???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Double-clutching took the grinding away.

I'll be rebuilding the engine this summer, and doing some major upgrades, so I might as well throw the tranny on the list. Although I have never done tranny work before...this should be a good learning experience at the least. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts