Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

It's about time to remove my snow tires and put on summer tires. I do have the stock 16's but I have to replace the tires anyway which will cost around $500 new (245/50R16).

I have a few questions about 2 sets of wheels that I found that are priced the same at $500.

First; would the 05-12 (I believe they are) wheels fit on an 03?

Secondly; I know the first are 07 GT 17" Bullits but I don't know what the other one is, except that it's 18".

Finally; which one of the 2 would you recommend for my V6. If the Bullits were 18", I wouldn't even hesitate.

Thanks.

07 17" Bullits with Pirelli P235-55ZR17

18" with BF Goodrich G-Force 235x50x18

2003 Pony Edition with stock 16" Polished Aluminum

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Either of those will fit, but the backspacing and whatnot are different so they look awkward on our cars. If you're absolutely set on going with one of those, go with the Bullitts, the fanblades look dumb. However I think you should keep looking and find a set of wheels that were made for the 94-04s. I don't know if you're willing to go with brand new wheels, but give AmericanMuscle and OEWheels a look.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mcqueen...

Brand new is still an option... staggered 18's with 9 and 10; 245 fronts and 285 rears. But, I gotta go locally... I'm in Canada. Thing is, I have an Optra that I need wheels and tires for also since it has winters on. And, it seems to need new summers too... plus switching tires on the same wheels on the Optra are going kaching kaching. I looked into the the new set options for the Mustang and it'll run a little over a grand. I'll mull things over and go from there.

A

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
The staggered look is really nice. I've running 18x9 and 18x10 with 245s and 285s. When you say a little over a grand for new wheels, are you meaning just the wheels and no tires because of shipping to Canada? That's pretty heft considering I got my wheels with tires all brand new for $1200 (from AM). Just keep poking around CL for now. I know we've got a number of Canadian members here so I'm sure there are plenty of other modders around your area and something is bound to pop up eventually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts