Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 GT. stock wheels and tires. i'm going to real soon be getting some wheels. my question is what is the best size to get for the stock rear wheels for the track? i know they have tire packages out there and some people say you can put an 11.5 on the stock bullitts! is that true and would it make the tire look to big for the wheel? thanks...

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
:withhomo

You can put a larger tire on the factory wheel, but it's not recommended to go larger than 275 on them.

If you go for a package, just make sure you're not getting a pos tire such as a Pirelli, Sumitomo, or low grade BFG.

I just ordered 4 of these for my factory 18x8.5's: BFG KDW N/T 255/45/18

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can put the nitto 315/35/17 on the stock bullitts, but i would recommend going with a 275 width.

275/35/17 or go with a 40?

cause i will have the stock wheels in front and do not want it to be lower in the back!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
275/35/17 or go with a 40?

cause i will have the stock wheels in front and do not want it to be lower in the back!
You have to maintain the proper aspect ratio with different tires so you don't run in to having to adjust your computer just because of diameter differential.

Use this tool to see what works for you: Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts