Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this section but been around the 5.0 one for a long time. I just bought a 98 gt coupe. It's dark blue (I'll get pictures up later) and has 17x9 dark grey cobra r's on it. I'm gunna first do wheels and tires. So my question is which of the following would look best with this body style and color.

18x9 & 18x10 anthrocite fr500's or 18x9 & 18x10dd black bullitts with the chrome lips? Also what's the biggest tire I can fit in the back with 18x10's with no work?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I gentleman around where I work has an LX coupe with Bullitts on it. 17X8's. Looks fantastic on the fox body.

·
Registered
142 Posts
On 94 through 98 10 are real close to the quads i recommend 9's

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay so just like the foxbodys i'll swap out the rear lower control arms and delete the quad shocks..or does the fox trick of flipping the quad shock not work on these? lol...

i have a buddy with a procharged 98 cobra running 18X10 03/04 cobra r's with 305's...with eibach pro lowering springs...mine has the same springs..

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright heres the car..i just cant decide which would look better...i chose those two becuase i dont like the bullitts in anthricite and i dont like the fr500's in the black...

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I'm running 295's out back. Some other members here run up to a 315 and claim to have no problems with rubbing. Why not go with a chrome or polished finish? There are no other black accents on the car right now to go with the black rims.

·
Registered
94 Posts
my car is a deeper blue, and i just bought the staggered anthracite bullitts with a 10.5 in the back. i had the 17x8 bullits all the way around and in anthracite it looks good on my car, but also, you have different tastes. i almost bought the 18x9/10 fr500s in silver. btw on forums.corral.net they have a sn95 wheel thread in the wheel section so you can check out what different wheels look like on a sn95. thats where my buddy showed me. good luck with the decision and post pics asap with the new ones!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright well im now kind of leaning towards polished 18X9 & 18X10 saleens..but im still thinking about the antricite fr500's...um idk about wheel spacers..i have 17X9 cobra r's on there with 275's and they cut it close to how far i want it out of the wheel well already..if anything i think the backspacing on the wheels are going to have to be a decision...

like i said im leaning toward the saleens now cuz my buddy has them on his 04 mach 1 and i put them on mine to see what they looked liked and i loved em...so idfk..lol

btw 98thunder dont let the pictures fool you in a different light that color is pretty dark..i love this color have never seen it on an sn95 before..

·
Registered
94 Posts
+1 on the saleens, even though the FR500's are a bad ass rim.
++++1! the saleens and fr's both look amazingly good on these cars. i love the way my bullitts look on mine. i have 17*9/10.5s on my car and have 315/35*17s on my rear and didnt have to take off the quad shock. no rubbing on bumps unless the car flexes a lot which is rare. scs could prolly help with that lol

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
++++1! the saleens and fr's both look amazingly good on these cars. i love the way my bullitts look on mine. i have 17*9/10.5s on my car and have 315/35*17s on my rear and didnt have to take off the quad shock. no rubbing on bumps unless the car flexes a lot which is rare. scs could prolly help with that lol
Those wheels look pretty nice on your car. I was thinking about picking up a set for a 98 vert I have.

btw, you can remove that pin stripe with the edge of a credit card and some very soapy water. If you wanted to of course.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Those wheels look pretty nice on your car. I was thinking about picking up a set for a 98 vert I have.

btw, you can remove that pin stripe with the edge of a credit card and some very soapy water. If you wanted to of course.
thanks man! ill get a couple pics with my camera here in the next couple days. but yeah they fit really nice. got about a 1/4" or so of clearance for the quad shock, but there really isnt any side to side movement so no rubbing with that. and yeah i could remove the stripe if i wanted to, but man when its sunny lile it has been and my car is clean, that stripe looks damn good in the sun in contrast with the blue. looks especially good with the new wheels haha.

·
Registered
94 Posts

thanks man! ill get a couple pics with my camera here in the next couple days. but yeah they fit really nice. got about a 1/4" or so of clearance for the quad shock, but there really isnt any side to side movement so no rubbing with that. the only thing i want to do is shave the front springs a little bit so the front squats a little more. sits a little too high to me. and yeah i could remove the stripe if i wanted to, but man when its sunny lile it has been and my car is clean, that stripe looks damn good in the sun in contrast with the blue. looks especially good with the new wheels haha.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
alright well im now kind of leaning towards polished 18X9 & 18X10 saleens..but im still thinking about the antricite fr500's...um idk about wheel spacers..i have 17X9 cobra r's on there with 275's and they cut it close to how far i want it out of the wheel well already..if anything i think the backspacing on the wheels are going to have to be a decision...

like i said im leaning toward the saleens now cuz my buddy has them on his 04 mach 1 and i put them on mine to see what they looked liked and i loved em...so idfk..lol
You won't regret Saleens. They are very popular on Mustang forums, but I rarely see another Mustang with them on around here, and there are a lot of Mustangs in my area.

On the size note...I've run 18x10 black bullits on my lowered gt with 295's with no problems. On this cobra I've had 17x10.5's 03 cobras with 315's and no problems. Now I switched to 18x10 Saleens...they only have 285's on here though. They look perfect on there though.

I'm going to be switching from H&R race springs to H&R super sports next week. I'll let you know if I rub then. I doubt it though.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
285's on 18x10 saleens here. i love the stance

1 - 20 of 24 Posts