Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the wheel cylinders but they won't bleed, at all. I have decent brakes, but I think they could be better if I could bleed the system. Anyone have any ideas why they won't bleed?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they're not broke. I was able to take them completely out of the wheel cylinder with my wife holding the brakes. Damndist thing I've ever seen. I'm starting to think maybe my master cylinder is bad. When I had the car up on jacks I put it in drive and couldn't stop the back wheels from turning. Hopefully it will warm up a bit this weekend and I can mess with it some more.

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
Master cylinder or a clogged lower block. I JUST went through a FULL rebuild of my 5.0 bronco with pretty much the same setup. I am putting my money on the M/C

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Just had the same problem with someone putting oil in their master... haha. Replaced all calipers, master and wouldnt bleed the rears. Disconnected the lines comming into the porportioning valve and had fluid, but none comming out of the valve. Replaced valve and went on with the ABS bleed. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts