Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i do a burnout i get terrible wheel hop if at a stand still i know there has got to be an easy solution... sorry in advance my old 98 cobra never had this problem. has anyone had this problem any help would be great thanks...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I did a burnout for the first time last weekend (bought an 07 used) and I didn't get any wheel hop what-so-ever.

Yet, when I take off too quickly I get tremendous wheel hop in first and second gear :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine seems to be the exact opposite only when im at a stand still i get the hop as long as im moving it seems to be ok... taken into consideration i try to keep the burnouts to a minimum due to replacing tires but still is kinda bothering me

·
Registered
182 Posts
Could it have to do with the tires? Ive gotten wheel hop in fast turns and some acceleration, I haven't done a burnout yet

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Lower control arms... And just while you're there, uppers as well. They're cheap so, why not.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I had BAD wheel hop on wet roads and sometimes on dry. I got a set of LCA's and the wheel hop is GONE. The reason I got the adjustable 3rd link was to get my pinion angle right.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Lower control arms... And just while you're there, uppers as well. They're cheap so, why not.
Don't you mean "upper"? I have to say though. Adding the UCA can create a lot of NVH that most people don't have a desire or need to endure. If you're lowered than an adj. UCA is nice to correct the pinon angle. However, if you're lowered on a stock two piece driveshaft it's not all that necessary at all. I added an adj. UCA and sometimes I wonder why I even bothered with it since I'm on the stock two piece driveshaft.

I had BAD wheel hop on wet roads and sometimes on dry. I got a set of LCA's and the wheel hop is GONE. The reason I got the adjustable 3rd link was to get my pinion angle right.
When my car was stock wet roads was the only time that I got wheel hop. Once I added wheels and tires the wheel hop, regardless of road conditions, was gone. Although a $130-200 set of LCAs is a lot cheaper than a set of wheels. :lol

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
LCA's cured my wheel hop completely, I put the Relo brackets on after i lowered it and it hooks better and still no whell hop.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I still get some wheel hop, but only on wet roads. New shocks and struts are next on my shopping list.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anybody have and suggestoins on which brand of lcas to go with seeing how that definitly sounds like my problem??

·
Registered
503 Posts
BMR makes great stuff. In addition to LCAs, I'd recommend an adjustable panhard to center your rear end and chassis. I did LCAs and relocation brackets while keeping the stock ride height and when I got finished with the job, my rear was noticeably off center. I had to order a panhard to bring it back in line.

·
2,139 Posts
They are all good, I went with Steeda for no reason other then I got a good deal on e-bay and the better they work the noise they are going to make.

·
2,139 Posts
My Adjustable 3rd link is noisy when it is cold. when it warms up it is nice and quite

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Steeda Stop-the-Hop pack worked great for me. I had terrible hop previously, but ever since I installed the pack, she squats and hunkers down perfectly on launch. Note that there is a different pack for lowered cars than for those at stock height: Steeda Stop The Hop Pak for 2005 thru 2010 Ford Mustang 555-2003

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
anybody have and suggestoins on which brand of lcas to go with seeing how that definitly sounds like my problem??
I really like BMR's parts and they are also a site sponsor. I believe they give a discount to forum members but I'm not positive. Go check out their vendor section and ask them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts