Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so when I slam into second gear i get wheel hope REALLY bad.I need to know how would I eliminate it,heres my suspension mods..

18inch Fr500's, tires are bridgestone 255-40-18F's
rears are Eagle F1 runflats (stock on the corvette) 275-40-18
KYB 5 way adjustable up front on stiffest setting with MM CC plates
Rear are 8 way adjustable the setting rite now is on 4 and I also have
BBK springs, fronts are 1.8ish drop rear are 1.5 drop
I have a 2004 Mustang Gt rearend (wider then 94-98) and everything else is stock...WOuld i need some upper and lower control arms to eliminate wheel hop and what brand should I go with? Wheel hop is when the upper control arm is being used more then the lowers?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought I just needed to clarify that thanx for the quick response

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm guessing lca's and some sub frame connectors would completely cure your problem.
I gonna have to say that it's more likely just the LCA's, I have subframe connectors(welded in) and still have horrible wheel hop.

Anyone have real proof of which type to go with between poly bushing or sherical. I know the spherical ones tend to be noisey on the street, but do the poly ones actually solve the wheel hop?

·
Registered
342 Posts
maximum motorsports and team z make quality suspension parts. A little pricey but when it comes to suspension its worth the extra dollar

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
get some lower control arms, you will have no wheel hop after the install.
Depends on which ones you get. I have the Maximum Motorsports LCAs with 3-piece urethane bushings on the chassis end and spherical bearings on the axle end. No wheelhop whatsoever and that's with the quad shocks removed as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just did the Maxium Motorsports LCA's. I wld go for them they cost the extra penny but they are very well built! I haven't had a chance to get out and try them out yet since it won't stop raining here!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts