Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the recipe for these car's? and how bad was yalls when stock... mine is HORRID... gets worse as i wear outt these shitty hydrabushings

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
for wheel hop I would recommend lower control arms. I use BMR billet aluminum ones. I also have an auto so I can't launch from 4000 LOL. I had some bad wheel hop but after some suspension work I hook instantly with very very little wheel hop if any at all. depends on the road surface

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hope so.. it was raining today.. so i tried to have some fun. couldnt, felt like rear end was gonna rip out,... i hope lca's have a great impact. stockers are pretty flimsy... doesnt strange make a set of rear drag shocks? was thinking if i got the upper 3rd, adjust my pinion down 2.5*... dunno.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when my car was stock the wheel hop as not to bad, as soon as i did my intake and programmer it got worse. I just installed a set of bmr lower control arms and I have 0 wheel hop now. That mod is a must IMO. Jared
sweet what type are they?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:rockonthanks to ya

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Is it better to get adjustable lower control arms? I havent had wheel hop at all. When my tires get lose they dont hop at all.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Is it better to get adjustable lower control arms? I havent had wheel hop at all. When my tires get lose they dont hop at all.
you won't need the adjustable ones, the standard ones will be just fine.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
only need adjustables if you want to adjust the pinion angle...if you need to adjust it just get an adjustable upper control arm...its easier to adjust one piece than 2 :D

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
722 Posts
IMO no, unless you are hard-core drag racing it is not necessary. The only adjustable i would buy would be the upper control arm to adjust the pinion angle which in most cases should be around -2 to -3 degrees when i have the extra money i will be getting on so i can adjust mine.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Okay. Thanks this is exactly what I figured. no adjustable lowers and adjustables upper.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
+1 on the adjustable upper... thats the way I went... they are "on the way"

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
are sure you didnt have the traction control on. if the road was wet i would think your tires would have just spun with no problem. I have only ever had wheel hop on certain surfaces like at an intersection crossing a major road that has ruts in it. and my wheels dont hop now they just spin. Im sure if i got better traction i would get more wheel hop, maybe when it warms up a little.

but the bmr control arms are your fix and they are coming up as one of my next mods.

also you could up your power it will get rid of your wheel hop :)

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
i hope so.. it was raining today.. so i tried to have some fun. couldnt, felt like rear end was gonna rip out,... i hope lca's have a great impact. stockers are pretty flimsy... doesnt strange make a set of rear drag shocks? was thinking if i got the upper 3rd, adjust my pinion down 2.5*... dunno.
If your doing drag shocks, get a set of the Q1a ones. Heavy has a set ready to go on soon as our weather breaks, extremely good product..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts