Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a friend who has a plymouth neon and his left rear wheel is locked up. he says it wont roll at all. any ideas?

·
Registered
353 Posts
point and laugh?

First thing I would do it try and pull it off, and see what exactly is locked up ;)

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
point and laugh?

First thing I would do it try and pull it off, and see what exactly is locked up ;)
i did laugh... he didnt find it funny tho. i told him id try 2 help him but itll probly b 2morrow b4 i have time 2 go look at it so...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Could be any number of different things. As stated above, pull the wheel off to diagnose the problem. Could be a wheel bearing, malfunctioning caliper, or possibly emergency brake problem.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
did the car make alot of noise before it finally locked up? its prolly wheel bearings....i dont think neons have calipers...dont they use drum brakes.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
idk if he got it fixed or not... i havent seen him in a couple of days but him and his dad were supposed 2 work on it over the weekend so...

·
Registered
73 Posts
neons use drum brakes i think also i would pull the wheel off and You have to open the brake drum and check the pads and the cylinder, try to clean it with some brake cleaner spray, if don't work replase it. Do it with both drums! if you dont then something will go wrong let me know how it goes>>>>>>>>>>>>>.......

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he got it fixed... his dad ended up fixin it so he has no clue wut was wrong with it

·
Registered
73 Posts
oh ok lol nevermind then lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts