Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to make a set of snow tires/rims from an '03 work on an '06? I realize backspacing, offset, and tire size may be a bit off, but can they even be made to work. Planning on new rims and tires in spring, and probably won't drive car in winter after this one. Already have access to '03 setup for no money and really want to avoid spending the money for only a few months use if I can. Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
the rims will fit and the tires should too. I have a set of 02 rims and tires on my 06 gt. the real difference is that the 03 rims will stick out alittle bit farther.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
If theyre stock 99-04 wheels then theyll fit fine, most aftermarket 99-04 have a different backspacing and will stick out of the fender wells which can be dangerous

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they aren't stock rims off of an '03. They are just plain steel rims with snow tires that were intended for the '03. Sounds like unless they stick out an obscene amount, that they should work out okay?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. Saving $1000 or close to it means more mods for the Jeep in the meantime!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts