Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I am looking for wheel recommendations.

I am looking for something in an 18x9 or an 18x9.5. I am most likely going to go square because handling is my priority.

As much as I would love BBS wheels I dont have $335 dollars to spend on each wheel.

My price cap is probably $300 a wheel at most.

I am rather partial to the TSW Nurburgrings in the charcoal, but really wanted to hear what other people have put on their stangs and possibly see some photos of what you guys have.

Thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know American Muscle has the AMR wheels and all of their own brand of wheels, but they are cast and kind of a crappy quality. Thus why they are cheap which is something im trying to stay away from

·
Registered
322 Posts
what about the rtr's they have and the sve drifts are also similar. that style wheel has so many options!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the RTRs, but they are 19s and tires are expensive as hell for 19s.

I bought a set of 20x10 and 20x8.5 American Racing Torque Thrusts from a friend that wanted to get rid of them. At first i wanted the 20s because my new midpipe hung incredibly low to the ground and i wanted to pick my stomach up off the ground but didnt want to raise the height of my coilovers again. But i decided to get my exhaust fixed when I got a elak and the guy got me a ton of clearance. So i have no need for them and wuld rather have 18s for handling purposes and for tire costs.

So the RTRs are out even though they are so pretty. I may look at the SVEs. How are they in terms of quality?

·
Registered
322 Posts
honestly i'm not sure about the SVEs but a few people have them on here and they may chime in. also, you can always look up some reviews on google

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE the GT500 wheels
Which generation of gt500? 05-09 or 10-13?

Im really leaning towards the Nurburgrings but have also seen some other interesting TSWs. I know this is really a personal opinion in terms of appearance thing, but i do like to see what other people have to say

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
There aren't many forged wheels inside of $300. That's gonna be hard

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
Hey guys so I am looking for wheel recommendations.

I dont have $335 dollars to spend on each wheel.

My price cap is probably $300 a wheel at most.

Ok, not being a dick, but 335x4=1340
300x4=1200
so...$140 breaks the bank? why not wait a little longer and get a more original/personal set of wheels? Get what you really want. You may not do this more than once.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
i had sve drifts and they were good. the paint was strong, wheels were strong and looked good. thats about all the quality a wheel needs

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
The XXR 521 is definitely my favorite mesh style wheel. Under $200/wheel as well!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts