Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i dropped my car off at the garage to get the oil changed and tires rotated. now when i reach about 65 i get a little wobble at the steering wheel. im obviously unbalanced or out of alignment right?

i was doing 110 last night smooth as butter so it had to be something they did today.

also i should note that it was a coupon i used for an oil change and rotation for $18.99 at monro. is there something that's lacking in that service that would definitely make me have to get another alignment or whatever. do tires need to be rebalanced when they are rotated? i didn't think they did but ya.

also, i dont wanna hear the whole "you should just change your oil yourself line" lol i know i should but its so much easier for me to simply drop it somewhere

thanks everyone

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
havent tried that yet, or rather, havent had the appropriate road to do it on yet. only on the ride home while hitting a small straightaway did i notice it.

does rotating the tires mess with how they were balanced initially?

·
Registered
991 Posts
no they dont have to be rebalanced but if some of the weight fell off one of the rear tires that is most likely way, you wouldnt feel it when it was in the back but know that it is in the front you do.

·
Registered
991 Posts
cause i know at like 70 in my car i get alittle wobble in the wheel but after that it goes away.

its just cause of the higher speeds there is nothing you can really dont about it unless you have then re balanced and see if it fixes it but maynot fix it

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im one of those OCD people where even if its not a problem in general, its a problem for me. shaking totally freaks me out, lol. i guess what im really asking is should i call and say something to the garage that did the work or just take it as it is and get them rebalanced?

i wanna make sure i let them know they did something wrong and have it fixxed ASAP if thats the case. btw my tires are brand new as of like a few months ago and i NEVER burn out or anything, so they're in nice condition if that has anything to do with any of this lol (prolly doesnt)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Call the place that did the oil change and tell them whats goin on and that the tires might need rebalancing and see if they'll do it for free.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
mine does the same thing but only at low speeds, if i hit it and accelerate then theres no problems but it is annoying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts