Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped the car off for paint. Going with a custom blue pearl over white. I'm thinking about having a wheel stripe painted on the same color as the car. Wheels are stealth black fr500s. What do u guys think?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would definitely do something like that. I think all black wheels(without polished lip, etc) look too bland. just my .02

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had my uncle Photoshop it and it looks kinda like it has whitewalls. Hm

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the quick photoshop for comparison

Before

After, bearing in mind it would be the same pearl as the rest of the car (which is a different pearl than what's on it now.)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking abut 1/2 that but I think I'm gonna wait and have it done in red vinyl and then if I like it, take it back to the guy to have it painted on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check this thread out, a guy had your same wheels (okay piwdercoated, but still) and bought a DIY pinstripe kit. I think it looks badass and it made up my mind to get these the stealth fr500 wheels and yellow pinstripe em to match my zinc yellow stang.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the link. I pinstripe won't match the custom color though. Funk I'm going to leave them for now and see what I think after I get it back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the link. I pinstripe won't match the custom color though. Funk I'm going to leave them for now and see what I think after I get it back.
Ah, yes good point. Well I guess you will have to have a shop match it then, at least your wheels still look awesome anyway...

·
Registered
59 Posts
let me rephrase. black wheels look good as long as they are perfectly clean and polished. flat black wheels do nothing for me. don't get the tar and pitch forks lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts