Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short.....got some hand me down rims, need new tires for front.

Keep in mind these came off a car with BMR springs (1.25" front-1.75"rear)

Specs

Front- 17x9 bullitts, current tires 225/45/17 (WAY too stretched and too
short imo.)

Rear- 18x10 bullitts, current tires 295/35/18

My question is how would it look if I went 255/50/17 in the front, obviously it wouldnt look strectched (i.e stupid) and the slightly bigger sidewall would fill out the wheel wells a bit. Would it be too much tire in front compared to the rear? I mean the front rims are an inch. smaller then the rear, so wouldnt that "offset" it then? Opinions needed!!!! AND DO NOT TELL ME TO LOWER IT BECAUSE ITS PHYSICALLY NOT POSSIBLE IN MY DRIVEWAY AND WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!

These are what Im looking at....
Fuzion ZRi

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Lower it and get 18/9 inch DD bullits for the front of your car. Its going to look stupid. Just keeping it real.

its physically not possible in your driveway? So what you are saying is that 1/2 the sport cars on the road bone stock cant enter your driverway? cuase the s197 sits high compared to other cars.

No way i would roll with 17 inch rims on the front and 18/10s on the back.

But whatever back size is good and get the 255/55/17s for the front.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lower it and get 18/9 inch DD bullits for the front of your car. Its going to look stupid. Just keeping it real.

its physically not possible in your driveway? So what you are saying is that 1/2 the sport cars on the road bone stock cant enter your driverway? cuase the s197 sits high compared to other cars.

No way i would roll with 17 inch rims on the front and 18/10s on the back.

But whatever back size is good and get the 255/55/17s for the front.
Why does nobody believe me that its physically not possible to fit?!

Im keeping the 17's up front becuase I hate DD in the front, I got these for a steal thats why I dont want to throw more $$$ at them

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would those look too tall with my 18" rims in the rear with the 295/35/18?

·
Registered
225 Posts
WOW that driveway is crazy!!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have a solution, get a chipping hammer and take care of your driveway lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
And I don't understand what the problem is with running 17's in front and 18's in the rear... not like many production supercars do that....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
mustang = not a production supercar

1 - 16 of 16 Posts