Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you lowered guys delete the liner in the front wheel wells? I took mine out but I don't like how exposed some of the wiring is.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I wouldn't remove the liner. For one, as you mentioned, it hides wiring etc. It also keeps debris (rocks, mud, water, dirt, children, etc.) from getting thrown up into the engine bay and making everything dirty or causing damage (rocks and children are pretty substantial).

All jokes aside though, I would keep them in place as road debris and liquids you may drive through/wet conditions could lead to some after effects that you don't want.

Also, if for some reason a wire harness clip from the fender/engine bay were to break or get damaged and you ended up rubbing tire/rim against the wire loom, not only would you likely cause some major electrical damage due to shorting things etc. if you cut the wires or pulled wiring out, you would have a car that couldn't even limp home at that point. I can't see any reason for the car being so low that you rub the liner... and if your front wheels are properly sized/front tires properly sized you should be able to go reasonably low without rubbing anything.

If you need it wider in the front than fits, or lower than doable, you can get mudflap material from a truck stop, or similar material elsewhere, and make your own covers for the front wheel well, to protect the bay and the wiring. If you go the mudflap route, or decide to disregard my earlier warning/recommendation to put them back on, I would definitely recommend adding additional wire loom/protection to ALL of the harness that is now exposed, and additional clips/fasteners to keep everything in place.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Alot of guys who race with big wheel and tire combos tend to remove them, also the wire loom is strain relieved through out the chassis is not just hanging there the are clips holding it up

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Also I am not running fender liners this year, my 275s burnt a hole in mine and now I'm running 295s and MM forward offset arms so they need to come out

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
street car or show car, keep them, I stripped apart a bagged jetta without them and after seeing that.. I can honestly say I would never remove mine

unless it were for racing..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is my daily so I'd like to keep it as clean and comfortable as possible. I have a tubular k and a arms and they have a forward offset, and I'm about 2 inches lower than stock. I can see rub marks on the liners, but I'd like to keep them, so I might just buy some fox a arms and lose the forward offset.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The car is my daily so I'd like to keep it as clean and comfortable as possible. I have a tubular k and a arms and they have a forward offset, and I'm about 2 inches lower than stock. I can see rub marks on the liners, but I'd like to keep them, so I might just buy some fox a arms and lose the forward offset.
I would do that or not worry about the rub. you may be too low which is causing the excessive rubbing. I had that with my coilovers too low

1 - 6 of 6 Posts