Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know what wheels i want but what i need to know is what size for front and rear and what size tires...im thinking maybe some good year eagles or some hoosiers? Looking for a tire that will fit the rear...comparable to a 315 or 295 tire and a small front..comparable 225 and lower? Looking to get the weld racing pro star series wheel. Might see some street time so i dont want them to get bent..something that will withstand the road?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Alot of weld racing wheels are 2 piece. I know mine Back in he day had a floating hub. This required lug nuts that went threw the wheel with washers. The bad side was if I hit to large of a bump the wheels would go out of balance. This time im trying out a set of fast five racing wheels. They are a one pics design and still use the stock style lugs with no washers. They weigh 16 lbs in a 15 by 10. Im still running the stock front wheels untill I can find some front runners that don't need a spacer to fit

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Ok, i know what wheels i want but what i need to know is what size for front and rear and what size tires...im thinking maybe some good year eagles or some hoosiers? Looking for a tire that will fit the rear...comparable to a 315 or 295 tire and a small front..comparable 225 and lower? Looking to get the weld racing pro star series wheel. Might see some street time so i dont want them to get bent..something that will withstand the road?
This is the widest 26" QTP that Hoosier makes (10" tread width/11" section width).

Hoosier 17421QTP Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. Drag Tires

I doubt you're going to find a front runner that's more than about 5" wide, and I don't believe those are DOT approved. If you want to drive it on the street, you'll have to go with a front tire that's more of a traditional tire rather than a front runner.

Alot of weld racing wheels are 2 piece. I know mine Back in he day had a floating hub. This required lug nuts that went threw the wheel with washers. The bad side was if I hit to large of a bump the wheels would go out of balance. This time im trying out a set of fast five racing wheels. They are a one pics design and still use the stock style lugs with no washers. They weigh 16 lbs in a 15 by 10. Im still running the stock front wheels untill I can find some front runners that don't need a spacer to fit
Supposedly, Race Star Industries wheels don't require spacers or modifications to the caliper on GTs, but I'm not sure about your car since you have bigger brakes. Race Star wheels are also expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts