Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking on the internet for awhile now trying to find rims for my fox body. I've finally decided on 18" due to the look and filling the wheel well a lil better with my springs. But as I've been looking, I've noticed that most sites only associate mustang 4 lugs with cobra replicas and the gt500 wheels. I know its probably a dumb question but can any wheels fit on a mustang as long as the rim size is the same, such as 18x8 and 4 lug? I just want something different, every pic ive seen so far all have the same 5 star wheels, just diff colors.

·
Registered
183 Posts
As long as the bolt pattern,offset, and backspacing and stuff is correct you should be good to go with anything you can find.

·
Registered
842 Posts
These are ****in sexy. Too bad they're 17's :(
and there cheep too!! $504 shipped to my door. i was about a keystroke away from ordering those the other day,but some unexcpected bills came up. i also doint have the money for the tires now so i decided to spend what i could afford on stuff i needed first realy. this weekend i ordered u/l control arms (cheep ones from mustangs unlimited), and new 6pc headlights,lowering springs, and a new shift knob for the new tri ax from 50 resto. i WILL be sporting those wheels unless i get a hair up my ass and go 5 lug :D soon enough!!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
ya thats true...Damn why did you have to remind me.....lol

·
Registered
842 Posts
375 plus shipping caint be that much less than $504 to my door for new, and my jewish ass spent $200 bucks on rotors and pads from summit, and anouther $100 going threw the rear drums with all new hardwear three months ago, so i'll stay 4 lug for awile. i doint see the point in going 5 lug for me with ranger axles, and still having rear drums. i allready found 4 lug wheels i want (the ones posted) the only reason would be to do a 5 lug with rear disks. i could go to my favorite j/y right now and do the five lug three differant ways 10 times over (i have a huge kick ass j/y close that has lincolns, sn95's rangers,t birds, and areostars by the dozens) but with 300 in brakes allready and $500 in gears i'm not going to re-spend my money three months later.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts

sn95 spindles offer allot more then just five lugs.. and since you dumped all that money out for cheap **** from LMR i figured any money saved would be the idea plus would allow jew to throw moneys towards some meats for the rims amd get rollin with style but whatever

·
Registered
842 Posts
i still doint see the point in going five lug unless you A: just caint find a 4 lug wheele you want. or B: swap the axles from a sn95 for the rear discs. it seams like half the time the wheels people use after the swap still have issues with center caps and tires sticking out to far. FYI when i got my fox the rotors where cracked all the way around,and the rear brakes and e-brake were non functional due to improper instalation. and non of it was cheep **** from LMR. wagner stock drums and shoes, dorman hardware kit's from the local o'rileys for the rear. the front rotors and pads where from summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-KAR8126PS/ im just saying for me it's not worth it to change over. and yes i want a ****ing cookie!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
ill take tagalongs girl scout cookies right here:tomato

1 - 20 of 23 Posts