Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok in an attempt to go with my favorite look...aggressive race car basicly..all business exterior....along the lines of this vette....black (maybe anthracite--dark gray) rims are my goal...18s...staggered or not staggered i dont care. lookover the pix of cars and wheels and voice any suggestions or opinions.....l;ately ive been leaning towards the sportmax 006s with a polished lip since the red lip probably wont match in color terms.

however, i am undecided on the rim i want because i like the look of meshed rims alot , but i do like the typical-and yet overused (not as much as the bullitts) saleen style, 95 cobra style, 98 cobra style, 03 cobra style, mach 1 style, ford gt style, ford fr500 style....mustang rims
sportmax 006 (i like these...ive seen racing hart 19s on a 03 cobra in a magazine they looked nice but silver sucked)

saleens

fr500s

ford gts

american racing rebels

tsw kyalami

enkei rz5

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
axis reverbs

motegi touge

enkei wdm

shelby razors

shelby redlines

tsw jaramas

american racing dale jr killers

95 cobra rs--17s

sc style (1990 saleen replicas)--17s

buywheelstoday.com
tirerack.com
americanmuscle.com
wheelreplicas.com
tires.com
latemodelrestoration.com
plus many other sites these and some can be found...
so any suggestions? any preferences...anything.......... if i can find something sick, that isnt a typical mustang rim then great, if not i'll probably do the saleens. besides ima get a nice set of tires to go with these....kumho mx's probably.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I personally like the Saleen style rims. Thats what I have on my car. However I like the look of the 3rd pic you posted. Thoese rims just scream performence.

I like going unique.... stand out from the crowd.

·
Registered
799 Posts
black chrome fr500's ive seen look pretty awsome.

my question of being unique about rims and stuff is... would deep dish wheels, like 18x10 fr500's fit on the front of a 2000 GT? any way possible? or would i need wheels spacers or.... any info?

thanks

·
Registered
799 Posts
oh, and i was also wondering if anyone makes a black, or black chrome 03, 04 cobra style rim.

18x9's and 18x10's

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
black chrome fr500's ive seen look pretty awsome.

my question of being unique about rims and stuff is... would deep dish wheels, like 18x10 fr500's fit on the front of a 2000 GT? any way possible? or would i need wheels spacers or.... any info?

thanks
too large of a backspacing, not to mention one would need to roll the fenders at minimum. turning radius would be increased. you dont want more than 6" of backspacing on a front rim. needless to say on a 10" wide rim the offset would be 25mm or less in order to achive the backspacing. then one runs into issues when lowering and turning. and if the offset wasnt correct then one would need spacers, which requires mroe modification to the fenders...or dont lower it.

so being that i am goign for a body look along the lines of the re mach1 and the red vette......all black rims? or black with a polished lip?

·
Registered
799 Posts
yeah that would be quite a pain trying to fit a wide wheel on the front. thanks.

any info on 18" 03 style cobra rims?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah that would be quite a pain trying to fit a wide wheel on the front. thanks.

any info on 18" 03 style cobra rims?
i know they exist....i havent see many adds/i havent been looking....however, the same issue arises if one tries to fit too wide a wheel up front. 9" wide should have the right offset (thus backspacing) in order to work properly up front. you can fit up to a 275 tire up front, but as maximum motorsports told me, it would be a pain/problem for turning radius compared to a 245 tire, and its over kill. the same goes for a 315 tire on a N/A car in the rear....its overkill...looks sick...but overkill. (been emailing maximum motorsports often, mainly in regards to the coilover kit im going to eventually put on the car).

Thank you for everyone's post thus far.....and thank you for your input...and i hope i've helped you TMAC3320 (let me know if i can further assist you).......

please others on this forum give your opinion......greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
799 Posts
yeah you definately helped me out thanks. i did some more research about those 18" 03 cobra wheels. and theres actually a company that sells them in different colors too. like black chrome and more. the company is called AFS. they have packages mounted and balanced for $1,200 or somthing. and the rim size i'm getting is 18x9 up front and 18x10.5 out back! nice! agree?

~Tmac

·
Registered
300 Posts
I say go with the rims on the third mustang the black one.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah you definately helped me out thanks. i did some more research about those 18" 03 cobra wheels. and theres actually a company that sells them in different colors too. like black chrome and more. the company is called AFS. they have packages mounted and balanced for $1,200 or somthing. and the rim size i'm getting is 18x9 up front and 18x10.5 out back! nice! agree?

~Tmac
that'll be good....maybe upgrade the tire choice if they come with tires....i know i like how kumho mx's hook for being cheap. compared to the goodyear f1 ...theyre cheaper and hook well. besides ive never liked the f1s....they dont work well on a vette.

·
Registered
300 Posts
third pic/second mustang is a black mach (no girl) with CC Wheels.

third mustang/fourth pic is a mach with DPE wheels

which one?
The black mach with no girl

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very nice. thanks for the visual. they look better than i thought.

btw, how dark is your tint?
btw, what size tires are you using? (front/rear)

and the visual is great bc tirerack and wheelsnext and discount tire dont have very good programs to get a visual, and i suck with photoshop.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
very nice. thanks for the visual. they look better than i thought.

btw, how dark is your tint?
btw, what size tires are you using? (front/rear)

and the visual is great bc tirerack and wheelsnext and discount tire dont have very good programs to get a visual, and i suck with photoshop.
I'm running only 35% tint.

In the front 265/35/18 in the rear 295/35/18

·
Registered
799 Posts
jeez Manic that looks amazing. thats the look im going for, nice and clean.

BTW why did you only do 35% tint? i'm only going to do that much becuase then my radar detector will still have some range around the back haha :D

and how much would it cost to get 4 tires and wheels mounted PROFESSIONALLY at a shop?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
jeez Manic that looks amazing. thats the look im going for, nice and clean.

BTW why did you only do 35% tint? i'm only going to do that much becuase then my radar detector will still have some range around the back haha :D

and how much would it cost to get 4 tires and wheels mounted PROFESSIONALLY at a shop?
I wanted to keep it legal. I want to attract the least amount of attention by the po po around here, the only thing thats really illegal on my car is my exhaust, its pretty damn loud, loudest car around here at least.

These rims arent cheap at all man! You're probably looking at over $2100 for the rims, tires and install, the tires are what is gonna kill you. 18's are 2x more expensive than 17'' tires

1 - 20 of 21 Posts