Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what HP levels can you start to pull the front tires off the ground with DR's, and a tuned suspension of course.

My guess is around 350rwhp and a good suspension set up for weight transfer with stickys.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, Torque = acceleration. How much TQ would you need to get them up?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ya it really doesn't take alot to do it. Like u said sesp, slicks, and torque

·
Registered
144 Posts
Its more about torque then horsepower. With a good center of gravity you wouldn't need that much.
In high school this kid bought a Bug with a 289 in the back seat. It had a stripped down front end with a canvas cover. Since that engine was mounted so far aft, it was easy to pop up the front. He was very entertaining in the parking lot for a while. Alas, within 3 months he ran his beast into a utility pole. :(

Then there was another kid... Bought a nice 69 stang. 302, Tunnel Ram, Cam, headers, Traction Bars, 4.11 gears, staggered wheels ect. He was telling everyone it would do 12s. But when he took it to the track, High 14s was all he could muster. It was entertaining to watch him fry em in the parking lot "uncorked" at lunch time. One day he thought the Yellow light meant punch it. Entered an intersection on the red and got into a wreck which destroyed his nice stang.

Both kids lived to run another day I am happy to report. But their indiscretions followed them for years.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I almost do it right now. With drag struts, coil overs, tubular k and skinnies I will be able to pull the front tire a little off the ground

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have pulled my tires up 3 inches with 331/332....tuned suspension...plotted IC and DR's....race weight was 3150 with driver...no skinny's up front either.....that was with 410 gears.....the car was cutting 1.56 to 1.58 60ft.....that was in perfect air......

"ED"

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i was just getting light under my front tire (245's) spraying and on slicks. i cut 1.6 60's.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
i've seen cars with not much more than light wheels, gears, bolt on's and a lil nitrous lifting the front tires..they probably weren't putting out more than 325 to the wheels...

·
Registered
600 Posts
doesn't take much (assuming you have a good tire and suspension). Hell I did it with a 2.0 60' bogging on slicks (2 step issues). Looking at my dyno grapg from the tune that was in the car for that run I was making 217/300 @ 3800 rpm.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Ill probably be in the 400+Tq Range but i probably won't yank the tires.:sorry

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was just getting light under my front tire (245's) spraying and on slicks. i cut 1.6 60's.
On your nitrous set up, are you running a WOT switch, with a window switch too? I didn't have a window switch installed, so I don't think I can safely spray my car right out the hole. Maybe after a couple of passes, I can get used to laying in to the throttlw once I left the line and the RPM's are high enough. If the slicks grab hold it shouldn't take but a couple split seconds to be moving and high enough to go full throttle.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
sweet2k are you running the msd switch?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
How many parts would/could you break spraying out of the hole if you didn't beef up your drivetrain and chassis?

I can't wait until I get my first wheels up run under my belt :)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
sweet2k are you running the msd switch?
not anymore. i was before, and when i changed my set up i changed the window switch as well. now i am running the n2o oulet switch, its the same as the dynotune window switch.

How many parts would/could you break spraying out of the hole if you didn't beef up your drivetrain and chassis?

I can't wait until I get my first wheels up run under my belt :)
i have a built trans now, but i was sprayin on stock diff and axles for a while with no issues.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ill probably be in the 400+Tq Range but i probably won't yank the tires.:sorry
look look i'll be glad to help i'm sure my motor weighs about 150 lbs less, i'll trade ya straight up...and that should help you with the wheels coming up :D

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
to bad you couldn't see a FWD car do a reverse wheelie lol FWD thats funny

1 - 20 of 24 Posts