Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted to get rims for awhile now. I wanted 18x10 in the back.
I was looking at these. There are supposed to be truck rims, but I thought they looked kind of cool.

ATX AX181 ARTILLERY TEFLON (Series AX1816)
American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels

I was thinking about the black bullets or the black FR500's.

I dont know. Any suggestions. I want to stay with 18's, because 20's seem a little to heavy for me. I would like to find a decently light set of rims that are between 18-20in. I also prefer black with a deep dish or decently sized lip.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hate how it never shows the weight of a rim on a website.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
i like black rims with chrome lip. makes it stand out a little more, and its a nice divider between the rim and tire

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
how much do stock rims weigh?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have been trying to figure that out for ages.. noone knows...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn... do tires weigh alot? or is the rim just heavy as hell?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so stock 16's with tires weigh 42 pounds or whatever. i found 20's that weight 29. how much do you think the tire would add since its low profile.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i mean i know I could rotate them, but lets say I had a big brake kit on the front..

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I wish more people who new the answers to your questions would post here... I'd like to know also.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
off setting means the spacing between the hub and the wheel it basically make the wheel stick out more to fit the wheel wells better.... i guess the difference in the 16mm causes the wheel not to fit for some reason i guess its design and because the calipers will get scraped against the wheel.... if your planning on a big brake up grade then get the 24mm if not then just go with the 40mm... as for the first wheels they are for trucks leave them for them and get whats made for a mustang i personally dont even like those particular shelby wheels but its your car... and 20'' are not bad on a S197 but on a new edge like mine they are too large... i know steeda makes some nice wheels for the S197's might want to check those out... just remember your going to have to re-calibrate your speedo for the larger wheels which ever ones you get 18,19,or 20's

Wheels & Tires For 2005 Ford Mustang, 2006 Ford Mustang, 2007 Ford Mustang & 2008 Ford Mustang

1 - 12 of 12 Posts