Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to drop some cash on 4 black 20x9 American Racing Shelby Razor wheels. They weight about 29 pounds. I was wondering a few things.

It says the 24mm offset fits the larger brake systems, but the 40mm doesnt. Could someone explain this to me. So I should get 4 of these rims with the 24mm offset right? I will be upgrading my brakes in the future.

Also I have found the black ones, but not in the 24mm. I found the 40mm offset ones for SUPER cheap, like 150.00 a piece. I found the 24mm offset ones for like 900 bucks for 4 on ebay. Could anyone help me out?

Another thing is I heard that stock 16's weigh around 42 pounds with the tires. How much would the 20's weigh with 255/35/20 on them. A rough estimate would help. Honestly I dont think I will lose much performance with such low profile tires. They wont weigh significantly more and will look a hell of a lot better.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Black? I thought they only came in chrome and that dark grey. One thing to look at not mentioned is the steering shorteners. They only cost like 10 bux but it prevents your wheel from turning all the way with the big wheel/tire and rubbing. I couldn't find anything with 24 mm offset, but i would imagine the 40mm seems to be more common so it should fit the bigger brakes just fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Offset is the measurement of how far the back of the mag sits from the mounting surface of the brake rotor. Your car should have 11.5" rotors stoc. GT came 12.5"F/11.8"R. Cobra 13"F/11.65" R. GT and Cobra have more height and larger calipers. Rousch & Brembo make update kits even larger. Double check those offset numbers before you buy, if you are thinking larger rotors in your future. I'll bet its 24mm for V-6, 40mm for GT. Brembo wants 50mm offset for their largest kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
which specific brake kit are you planning on going with? With those rims you will be able to fit almost any rotor and most brake kits.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Have you gotten the wheels yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts