Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Without knowing what mods you have, I'd shift it around 5k. You gotta just experiment with how the car feels at high rpm's. Depending on what you've got installed on the car, it could be sooner or later but 5k should be safe. Maybe 5.5k if it feels like it wants to keep pulling.

Try to get to the point where it doesn't drop less than 3k rpm's after you shift to the next gear. That should atleast keep you in the power curve.

I've got 4.10's in my car, so I have to shift a bit sooner than normal.

Sent from the phone :|

·
just a 2v
240 Posts
In a mostly stock car i would shift around 6k. And you should only see about a 1500 rpm drop when racing. If you are seeing a 3k drop something is wrong lol

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
I meant not letting the engine drop under 3k RPMs...not the needle dropping 3k RPMs in one chunk lol. Something would definitely be wrong if that happened.

·
just a 2v
240 Posts
I meant not letting the engine drop under 3k RPMs...not the needle dropping 3k RPMs in one chunk lol. Something would definitely be wrong if that happened.
Haha. didnt make sense until i read it again, my bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.