Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will the gains from long tubes appear? Throughout the rev range or only above a certain rpm? I ask because I'm having a set of Kooks Long Tubes w/Catted H-Pipe Installed in April.

Jon

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
That's typical of LT's. Shorties add power lower, but don't add nearly as much overall as the LT's.

Addding it above 2300 is what you want anyway. Just change your launch point, and if you light 'em up too much, start spending more money to fix your traction issues. lol

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
That's typical of LT's. Shorties add power lower, but don't add nearly as much overall as the LT's.

Addding it above 2300 is what you want anyway. Just change your launch point, and if you light 'em up too much, start spending more money to fix your traction issues. lol
+1

·
Registered
609 Posts
they will appear as your head is moving back..:)..you'l feel it though man

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts

look at the zippee sounding like he knows what he is talking about. you go zip. :tomato

but+2 on what he said

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I had a slp longtube headers and Xpipe and C&L intake installed and 4,10s rear end . I new that the torque curve was going to be moved. The 4.10s put the torque back to where it needs to be. I'm new to this but some how this makes sense to me. Look at my signature . Hope this makes sense!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I had a slp longtube headers and Xpipe and C&L intake installed and 4,10s rear end . I new that the torque curve was going to be moved. The 4.10s put the torque back to where it needs to be. I'm new to this but some how this makes sense to me. Look at my signature . Hope this makes sense!
Makes perfect sense man. :)

Yeah you just have to practice your launch technique. Start at 2500, and work you way up and down until you find the sweet spot. If you're lighting them up too much, you may even have to let the clutch out normally instead of dropping it, and roll on to the throttle as hard as you can without spinning the tires.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
get some mickey thompson drag radials, and when you go to the track your launch rpm should be around 5000 rpm.

that is where i launched before the kb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts