Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, some people need to learn a little track etiquette. Use your head, and have a little respect for the other racers. As I posted in my rant, in the street section, I know a lot of guys on here are younger, and you guys may have a little more common sense, but let's face it, most of the younger generation show a total lack off respect for others, so just try not to be "that guy" at the track.

I saw situation almost turn into a fight the last time I was at the track, just because a group of guys came in, and don't really have a clue what's going on.

They blocked a racecar in. The crew had a big enclosed, with the car parked behind it. Those retards rolled up, and parked about 5 cars behind the racecar, so it was blocked in with the trailer in front of it, and them behind it. Then they all locked their cars and walked off. When they came back, the guy was actually pretty nice to them, and asked that they please not park in his pit stall, and not block him in. The retards then proceeded to tell him that it was a public place, and his name was not on that pit stall, and they had just as much right to park there as he did. Then he got pissed, and rightfully so IMO.

Most guys like us, with our slow street cars, have no idea what it takes to get a racecar down the track, every single pass. If you pay attention to the stripes that make up a pit stall, they are wide enough to park a big enclosed, and then park a car next to it. It's that way for a reason. Those guys need that space, because there are a lot of things involved in a car like that. We don't need that space, so don't take it up. Show some common courtesy, and DON'T BLOCK PEOPLE IN.

A few more simple, unwritten rules that some people overlook....

Don't run your A/C at the track. Especially in the staging lanes. I don't want to run through your dripping condensation with my slicks.

Don't set your alarm. I mean seriously. Why do I hear some retards alarm going off every single night? Does someone need to tell you that loud cars are going to be driving by it, and setting it off?

Don't sit in the pits, and rev your stock weedeater to the rev limiter, while in neutral. You're not cool, it doesn't sound good, and it's annoying.

When you're walking thru the pits, watch out for cars coming thru. The real racecars need to keep moving until they get to where they're going. They're not like your street car. They don't stop and go very well, and they idle at about 10mph. They don't want to have to stop while you walk across the road. Get out of their way.

If you've never been down the track, before you run, go stand in the staging lanes and watch what the other guys do. Get an idea of how it goes, before you pull up there, so you have an idea of what's going on.

Just use some common sense,many show some courtesy to other people. This stuff may seem like common sense to some, but apparently it doesn't to everyone, because I see it every weekend. Just use your head.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Unfortunately common sense is not all that common anymore, slowpoke.

Ditto for respect and courtesy. But the three kind of go hand in hand.

·
Registered
617 Posts
And guys with trucks.... dropping your tailgate wont make you faster. All it does is spread all the **** that is in the back of your truck on the track.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry for the threadjack, mentioning trucks running w/ the back down and stuff flying out made me instantly recall this..

This is the funniest PMR opening I think I've seen..

This truck got hoes... We got 2 hoes at the same time.. 1's cleaner than the other one.. Always use a clean hoe!

Wow this truck got hoes in the back, and hose in the front!

I always ride around with a big sack in my car... Of manure.. Thats the ****!!

PIMP MY RIDE S04E03 - Heather's Chevy Pickup - Watch Movies Online For Free on TubePlus

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I hate when people park in your pit spot... Unfortunatly Bandimere does not have makred off pit spots. But I think its common sense enough to know.. I mean the side trailer door is always on passenger side of the truck trailer, and you park your car on the side...

I normally tow my **** up the night before to leave it in a stacking line on the bigger events. And at that point I am one of the first 20 or so into the track when the gates open. When that happens I normaly get a decent pit spot.

When I am able to leave it in the pits overnight because I am racing two days in a row, I don't normally show up til around 9 am or so. Almost every time I end up having a trailer parked RIGHT next to mine, without room to open the side door let alone park the car. Most the time the people are just fine and will move, but more than once they think im just a young kid that doesn't deserve respect. It escalates into bigger things sometimes. Luckly my dad is normally there and he is... 6'7" and 345 pounds... they back off very quick normally haha...

Its stupid ill have cones out and everything... they will move them.

I really really want Bandimere when you come in, they assign you one, and thats yours for that even or weekend...

Its common sense to us fast back, because we spend a decent amount of time there.

·
Atomized
1,397 Posts
Another frustrating and dangerous part of my local track is the crew. They either know nothing or are to chicken **** to say anything to people. Its obvious they don't give two shits about the place. And at my track tech is a joke. One of my friends has a super ghetto 11 second Turbo fox and tech passed him with only 3 lug nuts on two of his wheels. Granted a missing lug nut is usually no big deal but It becomes a bigger deal when you only have 4 to start with. I know I don't want to line up against some **** like that. My track is the joke of the town. Also referred to as the Albuquerque slip and slide ha ha and there is a huge dip at the 1000 ft mark in one of the lanes that's super unsetteling on my bike, its crazy

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Never been to the track yet. But I'd do all those things (properly, not the disrespectful stuff) anyway. I mean at a track I'd have to say cars, especially the 100% dragsters have the right of way.

It aggravates me when someone is new to something and the act like they own the place. Whenever I do something and it's my first time I mainly observe and learn. I don't act like little bitches.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Never been to the track yet. But I'd do all those things (properly, not the disrespectful stuff) anyway. I mean at a track I'd have to say cars, especially the 100% dragsters have the right of way.

It aggravates me when someone is new to something and the act like they own the place. Whenever I do something and it's my first time I mainly observe and learn. I don't act like little bitches.
Next time we go out, you should come with us. I don't get why its so hard for people to follow track rules and be thoughtful about other people at the track. It really blows my mind. I've only been once but I had a good understanding of what being nice mean't and respectful of other people and their cars.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Something I see that pisses me off, is when cars with street tires roll right through the burnout box and drag water all over.
If the track crew are not paying attention, I see it happen all the time.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Next time we go out, you should come with us. I don't get why its so hard for people to follow track rules and be thoughtful about other people at the track. It really blows my mind. I've only been once but I had a good understanding of what being nice mean't and respectful of other people and their cars.
I'm in! We've been meaning to go. Me and my brother have bets on who would win out of our chevy Malibu 4 cylinder vs the 67 mustang. Haha.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Please remember that it's a race track and not a dog show, You're not as cool as you think you are being dragged around by your out of control pit bull that you decided to bring to the track because your pos weedeater powered shitbox is broken down again.

·