Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys know any links where I can get a good cowl hood from?

I am going to be putting a carbed 302 in the car in the near future. I want to get my hood now.

How high should I go. 2.5" or 3"

Do they come painted? Is this something I can install myself or should I have a body shop put it on for me.

Thanks for the help

White 89

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
HO fibertrends

cervinis

·
Registered
423 Posts
abcexclusive, ground dynamics and mr body kit also sell cowl hoods

i dont know the quality on them but i do know they sell hoods

i prefer cervinis

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just bought a Cervini's 2.5" cowl hood, they don't come painted and if you can get a friend to help you can put it on yourself.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
abcexclusive, ground dynamics and mr body kit also sell cowl hoods

i dont know the quality on them but i do know they sell hoods

i prefer cervinis
The quality of those hoods are not very good at all.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i'm gonna go with a 2.5 inch cervinis eventually

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
HAHA suckers 5" for me is the only way...HAHAHA and HOfibertrends i've heard good **** from and i liked my previous cervini's hoods..alot

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
also harwood makes some good **** too..just an fyi

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So most everyone runs a 2.5"

I should have enough hood clearance RIGHT??? for my carb and air cleaner

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i dont think they inspect anything in Arkansas.....no emissions or inspections.....i did have a friend get pulled over for tint being too dark but im still gona go 10 % on mine though.....aint sceered

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
had any trouble with the PoPo?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a lift off fiberglass hood from champion fiberglass. its painted blue (cobra r) I think it measures 2.5 inch high. its already drilled for dzus fastners. selling for $75.00 if your located in the tri-state area I'm willing to meet part way, like within 50mi... let me know. I'd post on the classifieds but don't have enough post's to do so. I have parts posted on nmra digital if anyone is interested till then? they are under the same screen name. shoot me a message if you have any questions, or are looking for something that I may not have, I may know someone who has stuff you may be looking for.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
2.5" is the most you can legally run in va, I'm sure other states have limits also. Mine had a 4" on it when I bought it & I couldn't get in inspected with it on.
virginia sucks mung.

i'm glad my car is registered in bama. and the 86 GT that I'M BUYING TODAY (first stang, WOO-HOO) is registered in GA and will be transfered to bama soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts