Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need engine lift brackets for an 03 SVT motor. I am sure they are the same as the regular 4.6L, but just in case, i wanted to clarify. So, does anybody know where i can purchase these brackets.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
This is how I lift and drop my engine.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Where would u attach the chains above the blower? You dont really want the chains wrapping around it. Ive never heard of or seen an engine lift bracket like your describing.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you can purchase them through Ford. I can get the part# for them out my service manual when I get home.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I wont be pullin mine out the whole way (jus droppin the K to do LT's) but im glad to see that those alternator tabs are strong enough to hold :)

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
You're putting an 281 ci supercharged fuel injected modular motor into a '67 fastback and you're biggest problem is lifting the engine? Wow...

I'm guessing you're going to have to make something out of plate steel though :dunno

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
ive always found the easiest way to pull my motor (4v) is to just drop it out the bottom:2cents

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
what do yall hook the chain up too to get it back in?

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have seen brackets in pictures that look like they attach somewhere around the cylinder heads. They are long and bent. I have found some for 350.00, but would rather fab some up before spending that much on brackets that will only be used once or twice.
Putting a 4.6 into a 67 mustang isnt too big of an obstacle. i just thoughtI could save some time if the brackets were readily available for a reasonable price. BTW, i have started a thread in the classic forum if anybody would like to follow it.
Thanks

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...7-fastback-4-6l-svt-project-follow-along.html

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I have seen brackets in pictures that look like they attach somewhere around the cylinder heads. They are long and bent. I have found some for 350.00, but would rather fab some up before spending that much on brackets that will only be used once or twice.
Putting a 4.6 into a 67 mustang isnt too big of an obstacle. i just thoughtI could save some time if the brackets were readily available for a reasonable price. BTW, i have started a thread in the classic forum if anybody would like to follow it.
Thanks

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...7-fastback-4-6l-svt-project-follow-along.html
they mount onto the front side of the heads to be able to allow you to tilt the engine up and out. They are rather expensive though if you were to get them from ford but im sure you can fab something up to work. If you need pictures on how they look just let me know and I can do a quick scan for you. Also have you tried over on SVTperformance to see if anyone has any or call up Steve @ Tousley Ford Parts Depot and see if he has them as he does 10% above cost on everything.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
If thats the case I could see how disassembling the engine could be a waste.
Im usin a bar with chains across the strut towers to hold it up while I pull the k member to put in LT's...should work out pretty good lol

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
You're putting an 281 ci supercharged fuel injected modular motor into a '67 fastback and you're biggest problem is lifting the engine? Wow...
BTW I didn't mean that to be a smartass comment

I can't wait to get home so I can see the pictures of this thing!

I'm curious to know why it's not a big obstacle. I'm sure if you can swing the money to buy a bunch of brand new parts, conversion kits, and wiring harnesses it's not a big deal to put an EFI motor in an old car, but what if you need to do it on a budget? That has to make it considerably harder doesn't it?

If not, I'm going to quit building on my '04 GT and try to get my neighbor to sell me his '69 fastback (at least I think it's a '69, the side scoop is way up by the 1/4 window) that has been sitting in his driveway for the last 10 years. Don't get me wrong, I love my '04. But if I could put the supercharged 4.6 I'm building into an old mustang and just have a stock 4.6 with exhaust on the '04 to use as a DD I'd be just fine with that!

EDIT: If you want to PM me or something so it doesn't clog up your thread go for it

·
April 2010 ROTM
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I found an NOS SVT motor and t-56 trans for 8,000. The conversion wiring and reprogrammed computer were around 1,600. Mounts and conversion parts run about 1,100. Shock tower cut outs were 350.00.
It's not just the parts that are expensive, but a good fastback shell, body work, fiberglass, and paint are what really add up.

The conversion is not a big obstacle because several companies now make conversion motor and transmission mounts. The conversion wiring is readily available as well. With the hood i am using, there is no need to drop the motor down or back for clearance. The only thing that i will need to fab up is a new mount for the aftermarket radiator and one for the superhcharger cooler. Small obstacles, but nothing huge. However, if i was using a 5.4L shelby motor, as some are doing, then there would be a lot of larger hurdles to overcome.
I don't think there is anyway to really build a restomod on a tight budget. Things add up quick

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Can you post links to the things you used
-conversion wiring
-conversion computer
-Mounts and other conversion parts
-Shock tower cutouts
-RRS front suspension and brakes
-TCP Power steering rack
-TCP G-bar system for the rear

I can do the bodywork myself so that's not a big deal to me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.