Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
It's a thermostat housing. Auto parts store or salvage yard.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mm is that expensive? the one on mine broke and a guy said they cost like 500$ bucks i went X.X

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
you can get one for 8$ at auto one, but i would go to a junk yard

·
Registered
600 Posts
they break really easy if they're over tightened. all the autostores should carry them, they might have to order them though, at least the ones around here do but it only takes a couple days. You chould be able to pick one up at a junk yard for 10 bucks or less

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is it possible to break the intake manifold on stock power? if so would this be a good replacement- Dorman Intake Manifold for 223$ plus shipping?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
stock power?? i dont thinks it would break because of the power of the car, if u over tighten somthing it might break, some of the guys on here have alot more power than we do and they run stock, but intake manifold would be a supporting mod i would get for something bigger, like if i got better heads and cams, then i wouldput an after market intake manifold on, because you dont get much power for alot of money

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is the dorman intake manifold an good? my mech said it migh hve been the intake manifold that broke idk how true that is

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

it might be the circled part that is broke, if so you can just get that metal piece that bolts to the intake, but you can get stock replacments cheaper than brand new, for 200$ plus i would get after market

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
what are the symptons of the car that he is saying it might be the intake

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its leaking coolant like **** and its not the hose that connects to the thermostat housing thats already checked

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
well that cross over tube has gaskets on the bottom that hook to the intake, and i would check everywhere that coolent passes before i go replacing the whole intake, i would start with the crossover tube

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can see in the pic a little bit of were it was comming from (thermostat housing to the intake manifold)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i know that my thermostat gasket was leaking... check that as well

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
yea man its prob just the gasket where the crossover seals to you intake... thats like a 20$ fix at the most... you more than likley dont need a new intake,

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts