Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Take a look at the pictures at this URL below, but disregard the grilles that are being sold.

What I'm interested in are those customized headlight units.

You'll notice that the headlights are not the sealed-beam factory type with the cheap plastic covers, but rather they're old-school peepers... There's no aero-lens cover, and the housings are painted the color of the car. Even the "gills" have yellow reflectors behind them.

This is a much better retro look than the factory lamps. Does anyone know where to get these things? I've looked everywhere...

California Mustang: Browsing 2005-2007 MUSTANG GT BILLET GRILLE

·
Registered
144 Posts
those were probably a custom job, all you have to do would be remove the original units from the car, then remove the 'cheap plastic covers' once the covers are off remove the glue w/ either a paint thinner or goo gone or something like this, then you would have to remove the plastic clips on the lens housing, then sand down everything that would be visible then paint it then put them back on
but if i were you i would look for some directions on the net, but it should be pretty self explanatory if you have any experience w/ body work
now ive never done any of this b4 and is all speculation but i have resealed my headlights to protect from condensation

·
Registered
39 Posts
Be warned first of all, that you have to completely remove the entire front fascia to remove the headlamps. I had the aftermarket project beams that lasted 3 weeks and found out about removing the bumper....it is a lot more involved than it should be.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i love the look of those headlights, i know the foose edition mustang gt has them as well..and there sexyyyy

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those were completely custom done by CDC for show purposes and not an item that is available for sale.........as of yet that is. There are others out there that have completed the mod and everything I've read so far the hardest part seems to be releasing the lens from the buckets and then re-installing with a perfect seal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts