Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an RPM activated switch, a tach signal adapter, and this 9 LED strip that lights up red fairly brightly. It's flexible and could go just about anywhere. The RPM module and tach adapter box will be hidden obviously, but I want to put the LEDs somewhere that's not too apparent but easily seen when on. Any ideas?

Possibilities
-On steering wheel
-Inside instrument cluster
-In A/C vent
-Below rear view mirror
-Windshield pillar
-On dash against windshield

·
Registered
156 Posts
i would put it on the underside of the top of the gauge bezel, if that makes sense lol, or inside the cluster like you said. the a/c vent isnt a bad idea either just as long as you see it, but i would vote against anywhere that its highly visable just cuz it wouldnt look as clean installed.
:2cents

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
if you wanna be different and have the time/skill you could french it into the a-pillar ...that would be sick as **** lol

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
i have never seen one the way I mentioned it....If i didnt have a-pillar gauges I would prob try it lol

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As in drill an individual hole for each LED?
That'd be tough as **** lol but it'd be without a doubt the sickest shift light ever. Any tips if I decide to try this? And is the A pillar easy to remove in a vert?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
inside the pillar on the driver side. Cut a few small holes for the light to come out. Wrap both pillars with a thin black cloth (or cloth that best matches the pillar color). This will hide and give a nice clean look to the car.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I would either go with a hole for each LED or I would make a slot and replace it with a piece of clear lexan...that would be super clean but also very time intensive lol

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
center ac vents i think looks best

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about flushmounting it in to the a pillar. I want to do this bad now.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
if you wanna be different and have the time/skill you could french it into the a-pillar ...that would be sick as **** lol
I'd be curious to see how that looks...

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
If he does not do it, I am going LED shopping and see what I can do.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I bet you could do it on the inside-top surface of the cluster bezel, either right over the Tach or centered between the Speedo and Tach. That way you could get away with a little less stelar slot/holes since it's not out in the open like the pillar. Plus, the natural "shade" of the cluster area would add contrast and the whole cluster would probably light up like christmas.

BTW, is this somthing you made yourself? I think it's pretty fricken cool. What are the parts you are using for it?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts