Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes no longer work and I don't know why. I haven't been driving my car daily because it's winter here in Mn. and well, Mustangs don't mix well with winter roads. That being said, I do start the car about every week or so and take it for a short trip around the back roads to make sure everything works. I went out today to take it for a trip down the road and when I press the brake pedal it goes directly to the boards with no resistance at all. I checked the brake fluid and it was a bit low but nothing that raised any eyebrows. It worked fine last week and now nothing. I haven't been underneath it yet to check the brake lines but everything from the top side looks good. Any idea what it could be?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you've got a leak somewhere, or tons of air in the lines. could also be the master cylinder.

i would flush the brakes first, and see what that does.

·
Registered
498 Posts
yeah i agree with chronic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, now thats service.:eek: I was kind of thinking the same thing, but wasn't quite sure. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
+1

also check about abs and dont be driving it till you get it fixed

·
Registered
685 Posts
hmm have you seen them running maybe they went out cause they were bored ofbeing there without being used xD lol rry man cheap joke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts