Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??

Are there some that are better than others? (as far as getting it to pass emissions)

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
well as far as buying go the best way in my opinion. do this

spend about 10-15 bucks at radioshack and make em dude.

PaladinMicro

its basic wiring and sodering. Its the exact same ****, but about 1/4 of the price

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MIL's wont help you pass emisions.
They will get rid of the SES light enabling it to be inspected. Also, my friend reomoved his cats and still didn't have trouble getting it inspected. Im hoping it will still pass.

but u can get them at am with the 6 % discount
Check again, they're discontinued from AM.

Also, I'm installing LT's, I will also need the 02 Extensions correct?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
They will get rid of the SES light enabling it to be inspected. Also, my friend reomoved his cats and still didn't have trouble getting it inspected. Im hoping it will still pass.

Well I was talking about the sniffer test, but if it will pass that then I see what you mean. Ebay is your friend for MIL's.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I was talking about the sniffer test, but if it will pass that then I see what you mean. Ebay is your friend for MIL's.
Do they still do the sniffer? I thought that was only done on cars pre-1996. Don't they just hook our cars up to a computer?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Man you are asking the wrong guy for that one. We haven't had inspections in Arkansas for YEARS!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's ghey. You would think Texas would be the last place to have the sniffer. With all of the trucks running around and refineries producing a pungent cloud of death. I'm all about clean air, but they're picking on the wrong people.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
When we did have them, the legitimat places used a sniffer. Buuuuut I had friends and one place so it was just turn on your turn signals, hit your brakes, not SES, here is your sticker GTFO.LOL

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When we did have them, the legitimat places used a sniffer. Buuuuut I had friends and one place so it was just turn on your turn signals, hit your brakes, not SES, here is your sticker GTFO.LOL
Yeah, I have some of those friends too, but I always try to do things the right way. But they're making it harder and harder to do things right. I may just go see my friends.

Quick question. So, if I buy the o2 Extenders, will I need the MIL's?

Also, if i buy a tuner, I can program the SES out as well as adjust my speedometer due to gearing correct? So....it looks like a tuner would be my best solution to all of my current problems.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Yeah, I have some of those friends too, but I always try to do things the right way. But they're making it harder and harder to do things right. I may just go see my friends.

Quick question. So, if I buy the o2 Extenders, will I need the MIL's?

Also, if i buy a tuner, I can program the SES out as well as adjust my speedometer due to gearing correct? So....it looks like a tuner would be my best solution to all of my current problems.

Yea the tuner is the best idea. It will let you turn off the rear 02's so those codes won't come back, but other problems will still throw codes like normal. The extenders are just that, extenders. Nothing else. So you would still need a tuner or MIL's

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea the tuner is the best idea. It will let you turn off the rear 02's so those codes won't come back, but other problems will still throw codes like normal. The extenders are just that, extenders. Nothing else. So you would still need a tuner or MIL's
So whats the point in buying an extender? Couldnt you just splice in wire to make it long enough and be done with it? Splicing a wire is really simple stuff.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
So whats the point in buying an extender? Couldnt you just splice in wire to make it long enough and be done with it? Splicing a wire is really simple stuff.

Its a couple of wires. Plus they are a plug in extender (much cleaner install) and they have a heat resistanc material covering the whires. You can splice if you want but for the money and what you get extenders are generaly what people do.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I figured, but the way they are advertised on AM, suggest that they will ensure no SES light.

That's what I'm thinking. I know how to make a clean splice, there's no need for the extenders.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Like I said you will have no SES lights from the mid pipe but other codes will still come up. And beileve me you want to know if they do.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like I said you will have no SES lights from the mid pipe but other codes will still come up. And beileve me you want to know if they do.
So, even with the tuner, you still suggest MIL's?

And have you heard of any problems with cars running bad after a LT install?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. I know how to make a clean splice, there's no need for the extenders.
Same here, sure the connector would be nice cause its just plug and play...but its just a few wires and you can heat shrink it all and be done with it.

If i was at work and needed something like that, yeah i'd order it...not my money.

But when it comes down to it, i'd much rather do the work myself...i'd much rather have a fully insulated soldered connection versuses a connector...seen way too many pin failures to bother with it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
So, even with the tuner, you still suggest MIL's?

And have you heard of any problems with cars running bad after a LT install?
I dont think that was his point...i think his point is that your CEL will still work, just wont throw a code for the rear O2's.

Tuner=no need for MIL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts