Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy ladies and gents

I'm working on installing my subwoofer and I was wondering where the best grounding point was?

And, did anyone use a LOC on the data cable to connect to the stock radio? All the guides I see use green wires or what have you, but mine is gray/white brown and black. just wondering if anyone had any tips :)

Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I grounded my amp to the truck latch in the truck may not be the best place but it works fine.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
If you look behind the trunk lining on the driver's side, there is a good ground next to the FPDM.

The picture shows a non-stock dual FPDM arrangement, but the ground location is the same.
I need to copy your dual FPDM harness routing. Mines slightly different and I've had a hell of a time tucking it.

As far as where my amplifier is grounded, it's grounded right to the (-) battery post, conveniently located in my trunk.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you look behind the trunk lining on the driver's side, there is a good ground next to the FPDM.

The picture shows a non-stock dual FPDM arrangement, but the ground location is the same.
What is FPDM?

also, I might be retarded, but I can't see any sort of amp wiring there? the one place that I see wires grounded looks like tiny speaker wire

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
What is FPDM?

also, I might be retarded, but I can't see any sort of amp wiring there? the one place that I see wires grounded looks like tiny speaker wire
FPDM is fuel pump driver module. It's those two stacked boxes on the left. Factory cars only have a single one.

But you can see where it grounds to part of the unibody with a bolt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts