Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures from Hallett open track day. Changes from last time out: New Konig Hypergram wheels instead of the heavy chrome FR500 rims, Federal 595-rsrr tires, standard offset MM control arms instead of my forward offset arms, rebuilt differential. I also added the Cobra bumper cover, painted my carbon fiber hood, and finished my headlight retrofit.

Link to all the other pictures:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aOeUv1LFT7V_MRieY7PSNwzjw5wPsai4

Wasn't much faster than my last time out. There was a '15-18 mustang in my driver group that was noticeably faster. I'd really like to get in one of those new IRS mustangs. I need to get spacers for the rear rims, a wing and front splitter.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
We used to have a lot of open track members. Jazzer seemed to be their spokesman. We all listened when he spoke. They either quit or bought newer cars. But a few are still around.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
sick setup, I am digging the cobra R hood with the aero force catches. I my opinion those are the only acceptable hood pins for a new edge.

what is your full suspension/chassis setup?

·
Registered
982 Posts
I had more of a track set-up when I first started messing with my car. After completely destroying a set of 4 near brand new tires up at BIR in one weekend I realized I didn't have the wallet for it.

I would like to get a small car with smaller (cheaper) tires to make a track car. I loved every second of it!

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
My 2003 Mach 1 was set up with the intent for open track/autocross but I only got the chance to drive it at an autocross event once before it crapped on me then I sold it because I got tired of working on it.

But it was a full tubular Maximum Motorsports front end. Can't remember if I did delrin or poly on the front. Rear end was a fully loaded Full Tilt Boogie Racing 03/04 Cobra IRS with delrin. Would have been a hell of a lot of fun but I just couldn't get over the thing never running right and I never enjoyed driving it since I would spend the entire time worrying about something breaking.

Your car looks awesome. Love the aesthetic choices you've made even though they're purpose-built.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sick setup, I am digging the cobra R hood with the aero force catches. I my opinion those are the only acceptable hood pins for a new edge.

what is your full suspension/chassis setup?
Suspension is pretty much everything maximum motorsports sells except the adjustable sway bars. I've got the K-member, a-arms, coilovers front and rear on Koni single adjustables, torque arm, panhard bar, control arms, braces. Beside that, Cobra brakes front and rear with cooling ducts, Hawk DCT70 pads, boxed-in radiator, steering fluid cooler. Minimal weight reduction beside the carbon fiber hood and relocated battery off the front end.

Not much in the way of extra power, I dynoed at 255rwhp and 290rwtq. Thats with a CAI, Tune, no mufflers.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Suspension is pretty much everything maximum motorsports sells except the adjustable sway bars. I've got the K-member, a-arms, coilovers front and rear on Koni single adjustables, torque arm, panhard bar, control arms, braces. Beside that, Cobra brakes front and rear with cooling ducts, Hawk DCT70 pads, boxed-in radiator, steering fluid cooler. Minimal weight reduction beside the carbon fiber hood and relocated battery off the front end.

Not much in the way of extra power, I dynoed at 255rwhp and 290rwtq. Thats with a CAI, Tune, no mufflers.
which torque arm do you have? standard duty or racing spec? and which torque arm springs do you have? what is your tire setup?

I have the XD lcas, Panhard and HD TQ arm, running on the Ta-42 springs to match my 250-275# coil over/link single adjustable up front( full upr tubular up front). my 315 R888 rears sometimes rub on my drivers inner wheel well. been massaging it well with a hammer, and I added my isolators to help increase clearance.

I see many people running torque arms so it's exciting when I do.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
How did you like the RRs?

I bought a set to put on my Apex ec 7s for my GT but now that I have a GT350 I can't fit those wheels on my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts