Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a short block in pieces that I'll be taking in to get machined and am gathering all the engine parts. Thing is I have no accessories or pullies or tensioners. All it will be driving is an alternator and the water pump. should I just order a v belt setup? I want to keep it simple. Where should I order what I need including the correct length belt?

Also, I just need a 2 wire alt. what brand should I get?

A relative has a 69 chevel with a 572ci bbc and he has just the alt. and water pump with aftermaket brakets, (I think they are aftermarket). It's so clean and looks great.

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
theres a couple of junk yards in georgia one is prestige mustang,the other i dont remember the name now, but you will be able to soure the pullies and other hard to find stuff .they had supplied lots of parts for project cars in must of the mustang magazines.good luck

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
JUNKYARD see if they have like a pick n pull or cophers u pull it around there

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i don't know what your budget is but if you can afford it march makes some really nice pulley and bracket kit

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I am thinking aftermarket. I thought of march brand. Not sure how expencive that will be. I am trying to keep the price down by finding used stuff, but that is so I can buy some aftermarket things such as these. So I guess I should just give them a call and tell them my setup and see what they have.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I have a crank, alt, and water pump pulley for 5.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts