Modded Mustang Forums banner

Where the hell does this go

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  1C2 
#1 ·
http://imgur.com/a/43a4mCe

I've spent over a half hour trying to find where this connects to.

Also Its been awhile but I'll make an update post soon. Taken way longer than it should but I've been to busy to work on it.

#6 ·
It's an 03 gt. At this point I think whatever it was plugged into is gone now haha. For some context I pulled the engine after the head gasket blew. I just started it for the first time today and it ran fine except after I revved it the rpm wouldn't drop for about 5 seconds. I'm thinking its tha IAC. Or possibly related to whatever this goes to..
While the engine was out I put some comp cams XE262s in it. Also I switched back to the factory intake from the shitty aftermarket one that was on it. And I put on a 75mm throttle body.

#7 ·
Most likely the iac. I have that same issue with my 02 gt but nothing has cured it. Maybe opening the tb a little more so the iac duty cycle is lowered but thats just speculation.

Just out of curiousity why did you go with that cam? Driveability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I didn't want anything extreme, and the reviews I read on it most closely aligned with what I wanted. Also they were in stock on one of the few sites that would ship to me. California sucks...

#9 ·
Looks like it might be the IAC. That's the only other 2 wire sensor vaguely shaped like that in that area. I think the IAT is part of the chassis harness rather than the engine harness.

Did you get a retune for everything you put on? There's a lot of idle air tables that have to be recalibrated when you get cams as well as a throttle body. Your idle bypass air (both physical and in the tune) need to be calibrated, along with the ISC table with the cams. Injector and ignition timing usually need some tweaks too.

#10 ·
What harness is your ect plugged into? My 02 has the connector attached to that harness. I dont see it in yours unless Ford changed that for 02 but I doubt it.

Heres my 02 for reference.

#11 · (Edited)
I have not gotten it tuned, I only started it for the first time yesterday. There are still a few things I need to do before I can drive it though. The cams I have are very mild, and from what I've heard you dont really need a tune unless you want to make the most of them. I do plan on getting it tuned but I'm hoping to hold off until I get a full exhaust and maybe a few other things for it.

And the ect comes off the same part of the harness the cops/injectors do, just like yours. Except right after it is that connector, unlike yours. About to change out the IAC and see if that makes a difference

EDIT: Changing the IAC didn't make a difference haha. But if I disconnect the iac it will run like garbage, but it will rev normally.

#16 ·
The 02+ have an integrated iat/maf sensor so that plug wouldnt be there. Its probably for what the other poster said, heated pcv.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.