Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im looking into buying a new/remanufactured engine in the next few months and figured id start doing my research now. what is a good place to buy from for an affordable price? also being im going to take out the 3.8 i have in my 96 now i think im going to upgrade my motor. any suggestions? i was thinking along the lines of the 4.6 or the 5.0 but the question is which one? any ideas suggestions or comments are appreciated! thanks!

Rich

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, should i just buy the block and everything else individually that way i can build it to my desire of course or would it be better to just buy the engine as a whole. i think i would be looking into some big cash if i were to build the engine myself right?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
if your gonna go through with a v8 swap 351 is about all thats worth it

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
a 94-95 gt kmember and mounts, and all the 5.0 wireing harness and such. It will fit the windsor is a direct replacement for the 5.0

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
no biut it wouldnt work with a 5.0 either you wi'll need a new bell housing

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
when u say buy all the parts and build it to ur diser do u mean buy all the parts then have some one do it for u or do it ur self, because if it is ur self, do u have the knoledge and skills to do it, of not i would not seggest going that rought

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im doing a lil reading up on the windsor motor and its saying that if i were to take cleveland heads and throw them on the windsor block that would pretty much create the boss 302. would that be the way to go or no?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive never actually built an engine from the block up. however i have done that head gasket and heads on my current v6 on my own.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah you just need the bellhousing, and Cleavland heads in a windsor are a popular swap but it is real pricey clevland stuff is a lot more expensive

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i would say that a stage 2 cluch should hold fine

u may want to ask in the 5.0 section on wear a good place to get a 351 is,

also head and head haskets are farly easy justa time consuming and paing in the ass process.
were engin build ing us a lot harder becasue there r a lor more things u need to be carful with and do just right.
but im not gana say u can't or shouldent do it, because i don't know ur actual macanical abilatys, however i would say it would be wize to rething this and make the right decision.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kool kool , i gotchya. i fouind this website here Ford 8 Cylinder Engines where i can get a 351w motor that fits a 94-96 lightning for 1800 bucks. would that work or no? and also are there certain years i should steer clear of due to like recalls and **** or what not?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
if it is carbed it will have a carb siting on top of it, or an tintake for a carb, u wont see a place for a tb

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
1800 is good google ford crate motors there are a lot of sites and a lot of different hp ratings a lot of places sell turn key engines where you drop it in and go

1 - 20 of 28 Posts