Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American muscle is out of stock, ebay prices suck. I'd like to get these under $150 if possible.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Latemodelresto.com and americanmuscle.com are both out of stock. Both prices are $170. Doubt you'll be able to get them shipped for $150. A couple years ago they were like $120.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Not trying to change your mind but just letting you know the worst mod I've done on my car is the c springs. They barely drop the car at all and besides the good handling aspect, they take bumps like ****. I've gone through 3 different kinds of shocks (bullitt tokicos, strange 10 ways, and tokico hp) its' definitely the springs that make the car ride like ****. I can't punch it on the highway because every little bump makes my rear tires literally leave the ground. Just saying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sean hyland also sells them but for $199 and I don't think that includes shipping.

Anybody know if the G springs are any good (M-5300-G)?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Not trying to change your mind but just letting you know the worst mod I've done on my car is the c springs. They barely drop the car at all and besides the good handling aspect, they take bumps like ****. I've gone through 3 different kinds of shocks (bullitt tokicos, strange 10 ways, and tokico hp) its' definitely the springs that make the car ride like ****. I can't punch it on the highway because every little bump makes my rear tires literally leave the ground. Just saying.
this is because they are linear rate springs, therefore you will have a consistent springrate throughout the entire spring. they offer much better more predictable handling characteristics but having said that you should have done a bit more research before ordering them so you knew exactly what you were buying.:spank

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is because they are linear rate springs, therefore you will have a consistent springrate throughout the entire spring. they offer much better more predictable handling characteristics but having said that you should have done a bit more research before ordering them so you knew exactly what you were buying.:spank
Mello,

Would the "B" springs avoid this issue? Or will that have new problems?

Thanks

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
cheapest you will get the c spring in summitracing shipped for 176 bucks,if they are in stock

i got mine either here or JEGS. either way, they are the cheapest you will find out there.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
B springs are better they are much softer. I know my springs are a single rate that's why I got them. Progressive rates suck. This still doesn't mean the springs should be stiff as hell. By the way my isos are in and it's still a **** ride.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You can always search for coupons online for the company. I found one for 15% off at summit, which puts the springs under the $150. That's what I do for all my parts bought online.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
tread robbing (dont wwant to start another tread) sorry lol but how much better are the c springs over stock springs

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
tread robbing (dont wwant to start another tread) sorry lol but how much better are the c springs over stock springs
For handling? A million times better. What seems like no body roll and awesome responsiveness. Much better than aftermarket progressive rate springs if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
For handling? A million times better. What seems like no body roll and awesome responsiveness. Much better than aftermarket progressive rate springs if you ask me.
wat about track use?

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
wat about track use?
They suck for track use. My car had a set installed when I bought it and like stated, they ride rough as hell and don't transfer weight good at all. I like them though, cause the car handles a curve pretty dang good. I used too be more of a straight line racer but am thinking about getting into autocross now. If I can ever find some nearby events to attend.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If by track you mean 1/4 mile then they definitely aren't the best choice. The C springs are made for handling, not straight line acceleration. For curvy track use they are awesome. Extremely predictable compared to stock or aftermarket progressive rate springs.

EDIT: Having said that I run the 1/4 rather frequently and gains on the twisties really outweigh their losses at the strip.

Remember, this is all my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts