Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at buying a vortech supercharger kit. but the biggest kit that i can find for my car only makes 10 psi. im looking for something in the 15 psi range. so does anyone know where i can get a pulley that would overdrive the supercharger to that range?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
you can buy them from lethalperformance, vortech or what ever company you bought it from, or summit racing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
if you run your car at 15psi on a stock block that is going to cause some trouble.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If you want to run 15 psi then you should get a mid-size supercharger such as a D1-SC and order it with a smaller pulley. There's nothing in your garage so we don't know what type of motor you have, but, as FloridaStang mentioned, if you put it on a stock motor your motor isn't going to last very long. It might not even make it off the dyno.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Hope you're not planning on running 15psi on the stock motor. Which supercharger did you get? You can get pulleys on ebay as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a 4.6l 2v. im planning on puttin eagle competition internals in it with +17cc pistons, a crower stage 2 cams that is designed for supercharger applications, 44cc trick flow heads, thicker copper head gaskets, and a trick flow intake. as for the trans i plan on buying a PA aode transmission and TCI 2400 stall converter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts