Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states. I need the plastic plug... that plugs into the back of the hazard and defrost switch.

The little tabs that hold the wires in the clip appear to be broken, so now a few of the wires are slipping out of the plug.

My wires are fine, i just need the plastic plug

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Ford should have the pig tail

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
As the title states. I need the plastic plug... that plugs into the back of the hazard and defrost switch.

The little tabs that hold the wires in the clip appear to be broken, so now a few of the wires are slipping out of the plug.

My wires are fine, i just need the plastic plug

If not I know there are 3 foxes at my pick n pull in Oceanside. I can swing by and pick one up if its there

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Mine has the same issue. I just have to push them from the back once the plug is clicked in place. So to keep from loosing them, I put some tape around the wires close to the plug. That also is enough to start even the loose ones because they can't push back as good. You may not want to do it because it's more permanant, but you could put some hot glue or any other type of hardening substance behind them in the holes after you have them in place.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its $12 at Rockauto.com
Can you link me to.... both hazard and defrost pig tail or just the terminal block.

The switch it self ( in the first picture) works fine. Its the electrical plug it self, ( grey plug in pictures #2 & #3) doesnt hold the wires in any more. I looked at rock auto just now and it shows the hazard connector as a two wire plug, its $16 bucks, but thats not the correct part.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ford should have the pig tail
I havent checked there, but just because its ford, doesnt mean they still carry every part for a 20 plus year old car.
If not I know there are 3 foxes at my pick n pull in Oceanside. I can swing by and pick one up if its there
I might take you up on that, plus i could use the plug that goes into the wiper motor.
It sucks cuz half the time im working on my car, im doing it late at night with a flash light in my hand... lol, having a wife and child doesnt leave me a lot of time to do thing, ive done most of my car parts shopping on line just because i dont have the time to go to a J/Y.

Mine has the same issue. I just have to push them from the back once the plug is clicked in place. So to keep from loosing them, I put some tape around the wires close to the plug. That also is enough to start even the loose ones because they can't push back as good. You may not want to do it because it's more permanant, but you could put some hot glue or any other type of hardening substance behind them in the holes after you have them in place.
As i was laying in bed last night, the thought of hot glue crossed my mind, plus i had just bought a pack of glue sticks earlier that day, so its funny you said that. Im keeping it as an option

·
Lets Just Touch Tips.
2,613 Posts
Might have one on one of my harnesses in the garage. I forgot what's all there. Ill look

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might have one on one of my harnesses in the garage. I forgot what's all there. Ill look

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Ya, let me know if you have either one or both, that would be cool. Im hoping that theres a place that has new ones though, but ill take what i can get.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts