Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I will be taking my block and crank into the machineshop soon. I read a thread yeasterday that made me realize that I too had left the crank laying horizontily for some time. If it is bent and needs replacement I am considering a stroker kit. But it has to be affordable. It would not be blown, nor would I use nitrous. Probably be looking at between 300-400hp, depending on heads. I have selfported gt-40p heads, but am considering the patriot aluminum heads for a stroker. So I don't need h-beam rods etc. Just your basic setup.

Anybody know of a "cheap" stroker kit? By cheap, I don't mean junk. "Affordable" is a better word, except everybody can afford a different amount.
Also, should I look for 331ci or 347ci?

I hope the stock crank isn't damaged.
But it's a good excuse to have some fun.

:p
THANKS!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
the thing is if u get a stroker kit for about 1000 it will be another 100 for all the machine work.. u might as well get a shortblock from woody1

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SCAT makes about the cheapest stroker kits i know of that arent too bad quality wise either from what i have heard

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
woody1 I asume he is a member here? What do his short blocks run?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is woody one owner, or work for the link you just posted? Prices seem reasonable for a shortblock.
I found caosthp has a 347 kit for 799. but that would need balanced and my block machined.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
so is woody one owner, or work for the link you just posted? Prices seem reasonable for a shortblock.
I found caosthp has a 347 kit for 799. but that would need balanced and my block machined.
Woody1 on here is the one owner of ford strokers and that is his website,he recently hired someone else to help him also,but he is the owner and is very nice and helpful.Woody1 sells coast high stroker kits also.I assure you if you buy from him you will get no junk whatsoever that is not how he does business.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I would definately go with woody he is a great guy and great to do business with and knows his ****.....he wont steer you wrong

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
and by the way cant believe nobody else has said this....your stock crank should not have ANY damage....

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
and by the way cant believe nobody else has said this....your stock crank should not have ANY damage....
yes it could they are suppose to be stored upright.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I found out that my crank is fine. So I won't be going stroked, but I did favorite the link and will let people know of his reputation. You never know, I may just hit him up one of these days. :yes

·
Registered
273 Posts
check this site out : www.tandlengines.com they have excellent service and dyno proven results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts